Mage Wars > Spellbook Design and Construction

Priest - first draft

<< < (2/4) > >>

DaveW:
I was thinking of the Light of Dawn as a creature that could make use of the Basilica... and it has both a ranged and melee attack, so they are flexible. If I replace them with a single larger creature, then only the Priest has light attacks... so maybe then I do away with the Basilica as well.

Thanks for the comments.

Puddnhead:
Light of dawn is fun, but fragile. You'll really need to be careful with them. If you wanted to do some supporting with Cassiel you could get some iguana regrowth and some divine reversal and some glancing blow for your clerics and hope to keep them alive to do the damage. One thing I have noticed is that malakai's basilica tends to just tell you opponent which creature to use last/first and doesn't necessarily add dice.

DaveW:
True about the Basilica... but it also can persuade the opponent to keep the selected Creature away from you for a while. I have seen it result in a Creature one zone further away that otherwise would be helpful... very small impact, but sometimes helpful. And, of course, if it moves early and/or too close, it can get the extra die or two from attacks and has that slightly better chance for Daze or whatever. (I have use it in a Priestess where there were two LoD's and a Messenger, along with Artemis, and was impressed with the results.)

I think it is coming out, along with the two LoD's, Cassiel, and several spells that I had envisioned Cassiel casting. I think I'm adding a Mana Crystal and one or two larger Creatures... will have to see what that leaves me with sbp-wise.

Thanks for the comments. I really don't know what a good Priest book looks like, so this really helps.

Brian VanAlstyne:
If you plan on attacking with the Priest, you definitely want to keep the Staff and I'd almost suggest a second or even more ways to protect it. I probably would dump Cass in this book or find a way to get a few other 2nd level creatures in the book to take whatever advantage you can get out of Holy Avenger. Asyra's Touch could be useful for anything you use as a Holy Avenger. Healing Madrigal, more Eye for an Eye, and even a Circle of Light could be interesting things to add.

zot:
dave no one knows what a good priest looks like. because it does not exist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version