May 13, 2024, 04:53:31 PM

Author Topic: Mind Control and PET  (Read 8334 times)

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Control and PET
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=9336
Quote from: "DaveW" post=9323
A corollary please: If the BM's pet is mind controlled (or otherwise made useless or worse), may the BM then remove his pet marker and reuse it on a different animal soon to be summoned?

Under the current rules the pet needs to die before you replace it.

@ baronzaltor
If you truly care about what you made would you not try to gain it back?

If I truly cared he would have had a Mind Shield or a Nullify on him before I let him near a Force Master.

Aarrow

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »
With initiative, a Seeking Dispel into Mind Control is unstoppable.
The upkeep is easy when you don't summon your own creatures.
Against the Forcemaster you need to save your Dispels for Forcefield & Mind Control & Charm &...

I'm a fan of Pet & Blood Reaper being "Mage Only"

The Forcemaster is crazy good because of her tempo and options available.  
She can spend two turns just dropping Mana Crystals and develop any strategy necessary against the opponent:
If he rushes in solo, equip Cantrip and Bear and just roll dice and Jinx.
If he rushes in with a friend (piousfly's warlock build), just play the mind control/nullify game and beat up the warlock with your sword.
If he swarms by spamming creatures, simply play Obelisk to drain his mana to the point that he can't even dispel your Mind Controls...  and Forcefield gives her 4 cancels anyway.

When does the next expansion come out that's supposed to balance her?

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
Solo warlock can take her down with fire shaper ring, LOH, bear strength, and Gauntlets easy.... Add a battle fury to that and the warlock can do 18 attack dice in a hurry, and with the burns it gets ugly quick. Shoot her with gorgon archers and she has no attack power from the weak condition. Keep her away with push or give the archers indirect and hide them behind a wall if you have to. Have the beastmaster summon six Darkfenne bats by turn four and rot her to death. play mana syphon and some mana leaches or a drain power and she will have no mana for her upkeep. Play decoy to counter her nullifys (or nullify her nullify). Im not trying to being a jerk or anything, just the first thoughts from the top of my head. She is good, but I wouldnt say unbalanced.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.