May 02, 2024, 01:43:52 AM

Author Topic: Fire Resistance  (Read 3986 times)

relknes

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Fire Resistance
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »
What percentage of people consider some sort of Flame -2 equipment to be mandatory for their deck?  How many different pieces or copies of the same equipment do you generally include?

I run a Warlock, and am debating about including Sectarius.  I like Lash of Hellfire better for my build IF I can get rid of fire protection through disolves and explodes, but if most people are carrying around 2-3 pieces of fire resistant equipment, I will probably throw in Sectarius as I don't want to go through all my anti-equipment just making my Lash work.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Resistance
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:27:57 PM »
Smart move. Sectarus is great you won't regret it.

Most builds I put in 2, the Forcemaster just the Elemental cloak at the moment.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »
You have to watchout for mirror matches with outher Warlocks if you run only Sectarus. Its legendary, so if the opponent plays it first you're stuck without your weapon and familiar until you can get rid of theirs.

relknes

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:21:54 AM »
It was more a question of running 1 of each or running 2 lashes, so the mirror match shouldn't be a problem.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »
Most warlocks I have faced have used two Lashes. (One uses three, Im not even joking.)
I have -2 equipment (Flame hubrick I think?) and elemental cloak in every spell book I run.
Now, thats just playing the meta. There is the warlock or a wizard with fire to fight, and not much in the way of; Frost, wind, and to a lesser extent lightning as of right now... but all that will change shortly.
Lash Of hellfire is amazing...and its amazing for three things;The ring that gives a +1 to fire, burn and reach. If I could, I would choose LOH over the mage staff (For reach) any day. My flyers are not safe...my nature conjurations are not safe...my mage is not safe....with bear strength, gauntlets of strength, ring of fire, and the warlocks melee +1....you got 9 damage on a quick attack that can reach flyers and burn....AMAZING.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

relknes

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:38:16 AM »
It was more a question of running 1 of each or running 2 lashes, so the mirror match shouldn't be a problem.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 01:58:19 AM »
I'd expect pretty much everyone to run an Elemental Cloak. I don't think many people run duplicates of that. Many people also run 1 Dragonscale Hauberk. Right now, as DarthDadaD20 noted, there isn't a lot of variety in elemental attacks you really need to worry about, so people choose Dragonscale Hauberk over the other armor choices. I don't always, but it seems to be pretty common. Expect 2 pieces of equipment that grant fire resist. Once the next expansion comes out, that may become a bit less common, but we'll have to see. I'd go for 1 of each personally.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Preacher

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 03:01:35 AM »
One of each is good or 2 and 1 depending on space in the book and which one you favour. It's key to your strategy as the warlock and 1/1 or 2/1 gives you options, options are good.