April 24, 2024, 03:55:31 AM

Author Topic: wizard teleport/reposition deck viable?  (Read 5288 times)

urdarkerend

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
wizard teleport/reposition deck viable?
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
so my idea is to use hellfire traps and teleport traps to bounce the enemy around while dealing damage and eventually dropping them in a zone ready to be hugged by your largest creatures

im thinking it would work best with those spells as well as things that can push and maybe trapping them within walls

does anyone maybe have any other ideas that might help this spellbook take off?

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: wizard teleport/reposition deck viable?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
hmmmmm maybe bind teleport to a mage wand so you dont always have to rely on traps.  and how many hellfire traps can you have is it 4 or 6?  theres no wand for enchantments unfortunately
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:44:02 AM »
This is something we looked at during playtesting. I would add Force Push, walls that can attack, and archers. Restrict the movement and pick off what you can.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Archwizard07

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 05:19:32 PM »
I am relatively new to playing but have tried this type of build a couple of times now with some moderate success. Using the Wizard with poison clouds, fire walls, force push, teleport traps, and a few decoys to trip them up.

I try to set up situations in which a wand bound thunder bolt with a range of 3 is at max range, which puts it outside the range of many other spells, poison clouds to limit movement and deal direct dmg and teleports and pushes to keep them off me.

It's not perfect, but it is a heck of alot of fun.