April 29, 2024, 06:33:28 PM

Author Topic: Ambush! Enchantment card  (Read 5169 times)

monkeyjammer67

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Ambush! Enchantment card
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:37:56 AM »
Card name: Ambush!
Card Type: Enchantment
School: Nature
Level: 3
Hidden Cost: 2
Reveal Cost: X
Range: 0-2 Zone

Play this card face Down in a zone. This card cannot be play in a zone already occupied by an enemy creature.
When an enemy creature enters the zone this card occupies you must pay the reveal cost or destroy this card. This card can only be revealed this way. When this card is revealed search your spellbook for a creature and play it in this zone with its action marker down. The creature you play may make an immediate quick attack against the triggering enemy creature.

X = Creature's mana cost + Creature's Level x2

Thoughts?

(For the X cost I was also thinking about the costs listed on the Incantation Sleep instead).
(Also if the mage can no longer afford X, he can choose to pay the creatures level to just do the quick attack, and then return the creature to their spellbook or discard it, what do you think?)

Snotwalker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ambush! Enchantment card
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »
I really like the concept, but think it may be overpowered at the current cost.  Being able to search your spellbook for any creature after revealing the trap is quite powerful!  The cost would need to be higher.  At least adding in creatures's level X3.

But like I said, I really like the idea.

WTFGamer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ambush! Enchantment card
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 11:29:58 AM »
"This card can only be revealed this way."

Hidden cards with specific directives like this seem problematic. Look at all the discussion the rule about not having the same enhancement on an object hidden or revealed has caused. Other than that, it looks like a cool idea to me.