September 28, 2024, 08:29:44 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars en español / MW in Spanish  (Read 10128 times)

feedback

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mage Wars en español / MW in Spanish
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »
English translation below!

Bueno, me animo a abrir este hilo, a ver si conseguimos contactar con jugadores de MW en España, que nos sentimos muy solitos :) Por aquí se presenta Juanlu, de Córdoba!

------

Ok, I decided to create this thread in order to have a meeting point for Spanish players. It seems there are not many MW players around, but let see what can we find :) Juanlu from Córdoba here!
“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never would.”

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars en español / MW in Spanish
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »
Using the arcane spell Babelfish I come up with the following in English:

"Well, I encourage you to open this thread to see if we can contact Mage Wars players in Spain, as we feel very alone here in Juanlu, Cordoba!"

Or something like that.

Hola feedback666!

feedback

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 01:02:11 PM »
Traducción española debajo!

Well, thanks! Actually it was VERY unpolite not to present the thread also in English, considering that the forum is English-based. Thanks, Koy, for doing it for me :) And yes, the translation was almost accurate :) The last sentence would be something like "we feel pretty lonely here in Spain. I'm Juanlu, from Córdoba" :D

----

Vale, gracias! La verdad es que ha sido bastante maleducado no presentar el hilo también en inglés, considerando que el foro está principalmente en ese idioma. Gracias, Koy, por hacerlo por mi :) Y sí, la traducción ha sido más o menos acertada :) La última frase diría algo así como "we feel pretty lonely here in Spain. I'm Juanlu from Córdoba" :D
“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never would.”

oscarCalderon

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 03:35:59 AM »
Yo soy Oscar de Madrid...y si lo tengo que escribir en ingles, imposible.

Algún foro en español del juego?

Alguna esperanza de que el juego salga en español?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:36:50 AM »
I do not mind if you post in your primary language but as stated by other please also provide info in English thanks in advance.  :)  

From last I heard AW was in talks to get MW published in other languages.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

oscarCalderon

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »
Very thanks, I'm sorry my english is poor.

I'm Oscar from Madrid, spain. I'm amazed with mage wars!!!!!! I would be very, very, very happy with the game in Spanish!!!

Thank you all for the forum, for the game, for all!!!!!!!!!!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »
It is no problem and welcome to the arena.  :cheer:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:42 AM »
Thank you Oscar and Jaunlu,

I am afraid my Spanish is far far worse than your English, Oscar. So you have brought up an interesting point about having foreign language forums. I have already started a discussion in the office about it, and as soon as we can figure out the best way to moderate such things we should have a good answers.

Also on the front of producing a Spanish version we are getting close to finalizing something with a Spanish publisher. We expect to be able to tell you more by the end of next month. With a little luck it should be good news!

Thank you for your support of the game!

feedback

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
(Traducción española debajo)

Oh, these are excellent news, Thessial :)

As regarding other language forums, I think an easy solution would be to create a sort of international corner, where people could create threads in their different languages. I know MW has a high language dependence, but my experience as player and university English teacher shows me that the differences  between reading and writing skills make it possible for many people to play the game, but very difficult to use English forums in English in an active way. Apart from that, I have the feeling MW is not an extremely popular game in Spain -yet-, so a Spanish (or Frenh, German, Polish...) thread about it in the your official forums may give us some chances to meet more players from our area, and discuss the game in our mother tongue. Thank you for considering our little international idea :)

And if you need help with a future Spanish translation, just let me know!

I just edited and added an English translation to the opening post of this thread :)

----

Eso son excelentes noticias, Thessial!

En lo que respecta a forums en diferentes lenguas, creo que una solución sencilla podría ser crear una especie de esquina internacional, donde la gente pudiera crear hilos en diferentes lenguas.Sé que MW tiene una alta dependencia del idioma, pero mi experiencia como jugador y como profesor universitario de inglés me ha enseñado que el desfase entre las destrezas de escritura y lectura hace que mucha gente pueda jugar, pero imposibilita que interactúen con normalidad en un foro escrito en inglés. Además, tengo la sensación de que MW no es un juego extremadamente popular en España -todavía-, así que un hilo en Español (o Francés, Alemán, Polaco...) en los foros oficiales del juego puede darnos alguna oportunidad de conocer más jugadores de nuestra zona y discutir el juego en nuestra lengua materna. Gracias por considerar esta pequeña idea internacional :)

Y si necesitáis ayuda con una futura traducción al español, decídmelo!

Acabo de editar y añadir una traducción inglesa al post inicial de este hilo :)

ilogico

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »
Quote from: "Thessial" post=8126

Also on the front of producing a Spanish version we are getting close to finalizing something with a Spanish publisher. We expect to be able to tell you more by the end of next month. With a little luck it should be good news!

Thank you for your support of the game!

I apologize for my impatience but, is there any news about the Spanish edition?

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »
Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - Currently the Spanish Company prepping for production is trying to find someone to produce the game at an acceptable price. I have heard that their translations are almost done though. As it stands now, the release would be around the early fall.

ilogico

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »
Very, very good news.  :woohoo:    Lots of thanks for the update.

feedback

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 10:52:12 AM »
(Traducción al español debajo!)

Hi there! Do we have any piece of news about the Spanish sub-forum or thread or something like that? I am trying really hard to find Spanish Mage Wars players in general gaming forums out there, but believe me, I have the feeling it would be much more fruitful to have a tiny corner around here :P

And second question! News about the Spanish edition?

Thanks!

-------

¡Buenas! ¿Tenemos noticias sobre el sub-foro, hilo o similar en español? Estoy intentando encontrar jugadores españoles de MW en otros foros de juegos, pero creedme, pienso que sería mucho más provechoso el tener un pequeño rincón por aquí.

Y segunda pregunta: ¿alguna noticia sobre la edición española?

Gracias!

tarkin84

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »
Hi everyone.

Here's another player from Madrid! A group of Game of Thrones players (including myself) have recently started playing this game. We are very excited about it! There's a store called Padis where we usually gather to play games, so soon we'll start playing MW over there.
My Mage Wars blog (in Spanish): www.gatetovoltari.blogspot.com

MisteriO

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 09:11:21 AM »
Hello, I would like to know if there is any possibility that the game sell in spanish.

----------------

Alguien sabe si al final se va a poner a la venta en español??