April 24, 2024, 06:47:18 PM

Author Topic: Meele/Ranged +X vs Lightning +X  (Read 5337 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Meele/Ranged +X vs Lightning +X
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
I find those traits confusing.
Meele/Ranged +X means that creature with that trait has more attack dices when attacking.
Lightning +X means that if that creature is attacked by lightning type attack, attacker has more dices.

Which attack attributes (is there a general rule?) with +X mean vulnerability and wchich mean better performance?
How would you make hypothetical creature vulnerable for meele attack?
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Meele/Ranged +X vs Lightning +X
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:17:03 AM »
Quote from: "Gewar" post=747
I find those traits confusing.
Meele/Ranged +X means that creature with that trait has more attack dices when attacking.
Lightning +X means that if that creature is attacked by lightning type attack, attacker has more dices.

Which attack attributes (is there a general rule?) with +X mean vulnerability and wchich mean better performance?
How would you make hypothetical creature vulnerable for meele attack?

I personaly would vote to spell out that when this creature is attacked by melee / ranged you roll more dice against it. The reason is that if this only shows up on one or two cards it should not need a new keyword. I would like to see some to the Arcane Wonders team thoughts on this.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 11:54:31 AM »
to my knowledge, melee and ranged are the only ones that mean better performance.  the rest are vulnerabilities and resistances.  (ie lightning -X as well)

i know that when you boost a damage type (like a bonus to lightning attacks) it is worded this way "gains Melee +X and ranged +X with all attacks that have the lightning damage type"

if a creature was vulnerable to melee attacks for example it could be worded this way.  "all attacks against this creature gain Melee +X"  and hence it would only give the bonus to melee attacks.  although this is by no means an official wording.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
for some reason just lost my post.  grrr to retype.

to my knowledge the only bonuses are melee and ranged.  the rest are vulnerabilities and resistances to damage types (lightning +X or -X)

if a card boosts a damage type (like a bonus to lightning attacks) it is worded this way.  "gains Melee +X and ranged +X with all attacks with the lightning subtype."

if they wanted to make a creature that was weak against melee attacks they could word it this way "all attacks against this creature gain melee +X) and everything would stay consistant.  although this is far from an official wording.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
BTW to let you know your post did not get lost. All post in this thread need to be approved by a MOD. When I looked I had to pending posts.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage