April 28, 2024, 11:29:30 PM

Author Topic: New Release: Spellbook Pack 1!  (Read 6200 times)

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
New Release: Spellbook Pack 1!
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »
Hey all! Just giving you ANOTHER new item available today!

Build more Mages with the Mage Wars® Official Spellbook Pack!

Includes two amazing spellbook designs, each with beautiful detailed artwork by Nick Deligaris!
Each spellbook contains 20 pages, with four sleeves per page. That’s room for 80 spells!
Spellbook sleeves are extra wide so that they fit sleeved cards. Never leave your spells unprotected!

Get it TODAY from your local retailer or visit our Web Store!

N0rdicNinja

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Release: Spellbook Pack 1!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:46:18 PM »
My Beastmaster salutes thee

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:08:59 AM »
Can I get some clarification on these - when you say 'available today', do you have any idea when we might see these in Europe.  I'm desperate for new spell books but I'm beginning to think I'll see the expansion before I see these ones...

Also, have others have asked, will all future expansions be coupled with new spell books too?  Or is that a decision that has yet to be made?

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 04:16:26 PM »
European Availability - I know that several distributors in Europe have ordered Spellbook packs and those packs shipped earlier this week. I am still learning about overseas transit time, but they are on their way. Incidentally they should get there about the same time as Action Markers and the Forcemaster Vs Warlord expansion.

Future Expansions - This will probably start a lengthy post all its own, but here are our thoughts. Right now a lot of people (along with some of us at AW) like the idea of individual spellbooks to match each Mage. But a lot of people aren't fans of the idea that you might one day have a bookshelf filled with unique spellbooks. I know. I know. I twisted that last sentence.

Anyhow, our guiding philosophy is to give you high quality product at the best value we can find. In keeping with that, it is more cost effective to include the books with the expansions instead of selling them separately. This means you'd spend more money buying an Expansion w/o spellbooks + separate spellbook pack than if they just came with the Expansion.

Bottom line is that the debate rages on here at AW. Odds are good that the next expansion after Forcemaster Vs Warlord will contain spellbooks, but it isn't written in stone yet.

Hope this helps a little.

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
Count my vote for including new, unique, spellbooks with each expansion!  That being said, I'd happily purchase separate spellbook packs if that's they way things go.  I guess what I'm saying is: just keep making unique spellbooks for each mage and I'll get them, however you package it.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:10:42 PM »
I like getting the books with the expansion.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 06:08:13 AM »
I am in the corner of NOT including the books in the expansions( I have about 20 binders and do not realy need more). For the people who want them make them a separate Sku
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 06:11:52 AM »
I would like to have seperate spellbook for each mage and if it would be cheaper to buy them in an expansion, I like this option better.

But I am ok with them being published separatly (I am still waiting for price of them being published by polish distributor and see if they would be cheap enough for me to buy them).
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:32:47 AM »
Quote from: "Thessial" post=7464
European Availability - I know that several distributors in Europe have ordered Spellbook packs and those packs shipped earlier this week. I am still learning about overseas transit time, but they are on their way. Incidentally they should get there about the same time as Action Markers and the Forcemaster Vs Warlord expansion.

Well, that's good news.  Hopefully I'll see them for sale at least by the end of February so I can blow my imminent birthday cash on them  :)
Just hope they're easier to get than the base set was...

Quote from: "Thessial" post=7464
Future Expansions - This will probably start a lengthy post all its own, but here are our thoughts. Right now a lot of people (along with some of us at AW) like the idea of individual spellbooks to match each Mage. But a lot of people aren't fans of the idea that you might one day have a bookshelf filled with unique spellbooks. I know. I know. I twisted that last sentence.

Anyhow, our guiding philosophy is to give you high quality product at the best value we can find. In keeping with that, it is more cost effective to include the books with the expansions instead of selling them separately. This means you'd spend more money buying an Expansion w/o spellbooks + separate spellbook pack than if they just came with the Expansion.

Bottom line is that the debate rages on here at AW. Odds are good that the next expansion after Forcemaster Vs Warlord will contain spellbooks, but it isn't written in stone yet.

Hope this helps a little.

Glad to hear you're ghaving the conversation if nothing else.  That is exactly my worry too btw - having a shelf lined with them.  Currently, I'm more than happy to get more books, unique to a specific mage, but right now, I have 2 books, so it's hardly a concern.  Talk to me again in 8 spell books time and I suspect I'll feel differently.

Also, already I have found myself favouring some mages over another, which has led me to make different builds with the same caster.  By selling the books separately, I may well pick up a duplicate of cetain ones.  If they're only available in the expansions, I would suggest that's less likely to happen (especially if you're trying to make the card distribution as user friendly as possible so we'll only need one copy of the expansion).

Just my two cents....

Dre2Dee2

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »
I LOVE the books! More books! Included the books with the expansions! That way I can get spell slinging as soon as I buy it  :cheer:

tyarlashan

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »
My group and I love the spell books, but we store all non-used cards in a binder with card holders, and call it the book of infinite spells!  We talked about eventually may need to separate the spells by type, so may have a few binders towards the end. For us, that does not seem that bad, but we have shelves loaded of all types of games and table top miniatures.

IF not including the spell books DOES NOT decrease the price for the expansion, then continue including them in the expansion. If you do not want them, there is always eBay.