April 27, 2024, 07:04:45 AM

Author Topic: Rage ability  (Read 4697 times)

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Rage ability
« on: August 21, 2012, 07:32:55 PM »
Rage rules are the following: Each time it is attacked and Damaged by an enemy creature, place a Rage
token on it. It cannot have more than X tokens on it.

1. Does Rage get built up when Creature has spell cast on it?
2. Does Rage get built up when Creature has burn token and takes damage on it?
3. Does Rage get built up when Creature has rot/poison token when taking damage on it?

patrickconnor

Re: Rage ability
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:13:34 AM »
The only time you add a Rage token is when the creature with the Rage +X ability is attacked and damaged by an enemy creature.

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:52:23 PM »
The question is what is considered an attack: just physical attacks? I would think a fire ball would count.

And what about if a warlock sets the gorilla on fire. I would think that the gorilla taking damage from a previous turns attack (burn token) would count. However I could rationalized that the attack has to happen in the same turn.

How about a gorilla being burned the turn after an attack (burn token).

Lastly does trap damage or other direct damage count? Technically the trap was an attack from the mage.

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 06:34:48 AM »
The question is does a fire ball from a mage count as attacked.

How about a gorilla being burned the turn after an attack (burn token).

Lastly does trap damage or other direct damage count? Technically the trap was an attack from the mage.

Alex319

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
An attack spell (i.e. one with the type "Attack", where you do the attack sequence) does count as an attack. Note that this only applies to attack spells: a spell like Drain Life is not an attack despite it being able to do damage.

Damage from a Rot or Burn token is dealt by the token, not the attack, so it will not put a Rage token on. The attack from a card such as Hellfire Trap comes from the trap, not a creature, so it does not put a Rage token on. Similarly, the damage from a card like Ghoul Rot or from Malacoda's effect do not come from attacks, so they do not put a Rage token on.