April 27, 2024, 11:41:42 PM

Author Topic: Initiative  (Read 3123 times)

NovemberAdam

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Initiative
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »
So I recall reading about this somewhere, but my search fu must be broken.  Regardless my question is about initiative and how it works when you do not have an equal number of activations.

If I have the initiative and only my mage on the board, and my opponent has multiple activations, can I let them do all of their activations first, or even a portion of them, so I can choose when I react?

If you have the initiative and you have an equal number of activations, (say one on one), can you allow your opponent to act first?

Thanks,

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Initiative
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 11:00:42 AM »
Whomever has the initiative goes first in the round. There is no option to make your opponent go first.

From the rulebooks
"However, if your opponent has more active creatures in the arena than you have, you may choose to pass when it is your turn to take an Action Phase. You may continue passing as long as you have fewer active creatures than your opponent. Once the number of active creatures is equal, you must take an Action Phase on your turn (you cannot pass)."

If you start your Action Phase with the same number of activations then you cannot pass.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.