April 28, 2024, 05:20:48 PM

Author Topic: What is Resurrection useful for?  (Read 3510 times)

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
What is Resurrection useful for?
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »
Why would someone use resurrection? You have to pay target spell's mana cost and the spell level. I don't really understand why you would not just summon a creature. I guess I can see the value if you had a epic card which you are only allowed to have 1 in your deck. If you were using it on a non epic card, you might as well just have a second card in you spell book. Resurrection is a level 4 spell (and often is an off spell school).

I assume when you summon via resurrection, the creature still can't act this turn.

Any ideas?

residualshade

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: What is Resurrection useful for?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »
basically it's purpose is versatility and space saving. instead of including extra copies of high level creatures you might not end up needing you include a couple of copies of resurrection and bring back the expensive creature in your book best suited to the opponent at hand. spell book point wise its only really worth it for holy mages.

also if you combine it with a mage wand it because a sustainability card allowing you access to all creatures in your discard pile. this can win you games if the games go long enough as once your opponent exhausts his spell options he will have a hard time dealing with it.

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: What is Resurrection useful for?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:44:37 AM »
I see what you are saying but this really only seems like a viable option for priestess decks with angels to resurrect.  Or if you were banking on putting it on a wand with the hopes that it does not get dissolved.