April 19, 2024, 03:46:12 PM

Author Topic: # of spells allowed in spellbook / in game play?  (Read 3655 times)

saradjen

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
# of spells allowed in spellbook / in game play?
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:47:27 PM »
On page 36 the rulebook states:

"Since each spell can be used only once during the game, you may want to include additional copies of key spells. You may include up to 6 copies of each Level 1 spell in your spellbook, and up to 4 copies of all higher-level spells."

Question - does "...can be used only once during the game..." mean until it is destroyed and then you can bring out another copy or does it mean only once played during the entire duration of the game?

--------------------------

On page 36 it also states that you can have up to 6 copies of 1st level spells in your spellbook and up to 4 for 2nd level and higher.  A little farther down it also says that you can only have 1 copy of Epic spells in your spellbook.  In the Codex area it states that you can only have 1 Legendary in play between the two players and only 1 Unique in play per person.

I don't have the cards in front of me at the moment as I am at work so I ask...

Question - How many Legendary and Unique cards can you have in your spellbook?  

Thanks.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: # of spells allowed in spellbook / in game play?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »
Quote from: "saradjen" post=6285
Question - does "...can be used only once during the game..." mean until it is destroyed and then you can bring out another copy or does it mean only once played during the entire duration of the game?

This refers to the fact that you can use each spell only once and then it is placed on your discard pile once it has been resolved. So if you have two copies of Dissolve in your spellbook you can cast it twice (unless you spellbind it). Once for each instance of the spell that you have.

Quote from: "saradjen" post=6285
Question - How many Legendary and Unique cards can you have in your spellbook?

The limit on Legendary and Unique spells depends on the level of the spell.

"up to 6 copies of 1st level spells in your spellbook and up to 4 for 2nd level and higher"

The limit you quote is on the number allowed in play not the number allowed in your spell book
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

saradjen

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: # of spells allowed in spellbook / in game play?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:38:06 AM »
Thanks PixelGeek!  I appreciate it.