April 27, 2024, 06:42:23 AM

Author Topic: Missing subtypes.  (Read 6027 times)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Missing subtypes.
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »
ok i mentioned this to one of the gen con guys (sorry im brain fried cant remember anyones names) but i believe some of the types are missing on the cards.

for example, there is an arcane ring, an equipment that has a mana subtype.  makes sence.

then there is a conjuration that adds to your channeling,(mana crystals) that has a mana subtype. makes sence.

then there is an equipment (moonglow amulet) that adds to your channeling but has no subtype.

is this an error or is it intentional.

all in all great game though.  if this is an error i think i will go through the cards and check if any might be missing types.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Missing subtypes.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »
It is a subtype that isn't used in the base set.  In future expansions, there will be spells that effect cards with the Mana subtype.  Defrost isn't used either.  I can't think of the others off the top of my head.

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 11:30:48 AM »
I think he was asking why it is missing from the Moonglow Amulet and not why it is on the other cards. Actually the Arcane Ring refers to mana spells.

Now I don't know whether equipements are considered spells but if yes this is probably really an error.

1unatic

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
Klaxas:  A spell may have a single subtype, multiple subtypes, or no subtype at all.  In the case of Moonglow Amulet, it is actually supposed to be of the Mana subtype - good catch spotting that!  If other cards have no subtype printed, it is not missing from the card - it simply was meant to have no subtype.

stadi:  All cards are considered spells, including equipment.

Thanks guys!

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »
Thanks, Ben!  I made a post about this in the Errata section.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »
i know some spells have no subtype i was simply pointing out that i thought the amulet should.  when i get time i will sift through the spells and see if i can find anything else that might be missing a subtype
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.