April 26, 2024, 04:27:35 AM

Author Topic: Dicetower Review  (Read 4971 times)

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Dicetower Review
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:51:25 PM »
I thought it was awesome that Mage Wars got a super-duper glowy positive review on Dicetower. I think that's the most enthusiastic I've seen both of them about a game. Makes me even more anxious to count the days until I can play this!

Congratulations, team!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dicetower Review
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »
It was a good review all in all. It did run long but because it had so much info it was worth watching all the way through. for those that missed it a link is posted on the front page of the Mage Wars site.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Borg

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:31:46 AM »
With all due respect but that review was terribly prepared and presented.
I realise they are probably doing this for free and you can hardly blame them for anything
but I noticed mostly two unprepared and sometimes unmotivated looking people.
Not to mention the errors ...
but that's probably just me ...

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 06:07:08 AM »
Well, if you do so many reviews as them, it's probably hard the spend more time to prepare.

Maybe it had errors and unfortunate things (comparing it with Summoner Wars) but it has it's uses: it get's the attention of a lot of people on BGG.

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »
I agree that Sam looked mostly unmotivated, but Tom was quite excited about the game. (Or at least his "deck") As for the unprepared look, that's how all dicetower reviews look. They're frantic and erratic. Just how it goes.

eatmyjustice

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
I'm a DiceTower fan and it was this review that helped me decide which booth to hit first at Gen Con this year.  I missed out on FFG's Android: Net Runner...but I'm very happy that I've been able to play Mage Wars.
\"Arthur, that belt is a fashion accessory of evil, and evil is never in fashion.\" - The Tick