March 29, 2024, 02:09:38 AM

Author Topic: Deck lists - Style and prewiev  (Read 3987 times)

Tokata

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Deck lists - Style and prewiev
« on: December 14, 2012, 04:45:30 AM »
Ok most asurently i didn't make my point clear in the Topic - but i had no idea what to call it.

So basicly actualy the posted decklists are like:

1xcard a
2xcard b

Dunno how it is to you, but as former magic player this is very unhandy. Especialy with a growing cardbase, there will be a point where Players won't be able to know every card by heart, so if they read this card in a decklist they need to search its physical counterpart, or go to the database. Also, new players, the ones looking for deck ideas, won't know the cards by heart.
So what i want to ask: With the database comeing up tomorrow (as stated in the "online-Deckbuilder-thread") - will it be possible to get decklists like this, or is this too mcuh effort to set up?

(Sorry in advance - this is a german link, but as i just want to use it as an example not to teach magic, I think it should be ok ;) just move your mouse over the different cardnames in the white box)
http://www.mtg-forum.de/topic/99914-grixis-control/

So what do you think
-To the other players: Is it just me, or do you too think this would be a nice, usefull feature?
-To the mods/Admins: Is it possible (in matters of effort and the technical abilitys of the forum)?

-Tokata

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Deck lists - Style and prewiev
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »
Once the deck editor is up and decks start being submitted, they will probably look something like This (chosen at random). Not sure what they'll do with the stats and things, but the card image and text all pop up when hovered over.