May 01, 2024, 10:43:45 PM

Author Topic: Confirmng armor affect each strike of triplstrike?  (Read 4603 times)

Spyre

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Confirmng armor affect each strike of triplstrike?
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »
Played our first game last night, had a great time, game time was about 2.5 hours.  During our game we had the Steel Claw Grizzly fighting the Darkfenne Hydra.  And the question came up does armor get subtracted from each attack of triplestrike or just the first attack?

We ended up going with only the first attack, reviewing the rules later it does look like armor is applied to each attack of triplestrike.  I just wanted to get confirmation we did it correctly.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Confirmng armor affect each strike of triplstrike?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »
Hi Spyre,

Yes, the armor is subtracted from each attack.  Each strike after the first is considered a separate attack, although each only follows a subset of steps: Avoid Attack, Roll Dice, and Apply Damage & Effects (page 29).

The Apply Damage & Effects steps occurs for all 3 attacks, and in that Step you always subtract armor.

Thanks!

steelstiletto

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=2408
Hi Spyre,

Yes, the armor is subtracted from each attack.  Each strike after the first is considered a separate attack, although each only follows a subset of steps: Avoid Attack, Roll Dice, and Apply Damage & Effects (page 29).

The Apply Damage & Effects steps occurs for all 3 attacks, and in that Step you always subtract armor.

Thanks!

Oh crap, the avoid attack is for all three attacks? So if my hydra is attacking the ferret, just because I hit with the first attack, doesn't mean that the other two do? Inverse of that, just because I miss with the first attack, doesn't mean that my other two automatically miss?

Even further, if I was a Warlock with a demon with doublestrike as my blood fiend, if the first attack is completely avoided, does the second attack get any bonus dice (Melee +X and Bloodthirsty +X) and would my Warlock heal if the second attack hit?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
Making an Attack
When you attack, you must follow these
steps in order:

1. Declare Attack

2. Avoid Attack
The defender must decide whether to use a Defense  before the attacker
proceeds to the next step and rolls the dice. If the attack is avoided, skip to Step 5: Additional Strikes.

3. Roll Dice

4. Damage and Effects

5. Additional Strikes
Some traits, such as Triplestrike, allow the attacker to make additional attacks against the same target. Once the first strike is finished, you get to make these additional strikes. Each additional strike is resolved, one at a time, following these 3 steps: Avoid Attack, Roll Dice, Damage and Effects. Note: When making multiple strikes against the same target, the defender will still only get one attack with any damage barrier and one counterstrike! After the final strike is resolved, proceed to Step 6.

6. Damage Barrier

7. Counterstrike

8. Attack Ends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLOOD REAPER
When a friendly non-Legendary demon creature comes into play, you may make it your Bloodreaper.
Warlock loses Life equal to the creature’s Level +1, then places the Bloodreaper marker on it. Bloodreaper
gains the Bloodthirsty +2 trait. The first time each round that it attacks and damages a Living creature, the Warlock may heal 2 damage. If it is destroyed, you may assign the marker in the same manner when a new demon is summoned.

Melee +X
This creature gains +X attack dice when it makes a melee attack. If the attack makes multiple attacks against the same or different objects, it gains this bonus only for the first attack it makes. Does not grant a melee attack if this creature does not have one. Does not affect ranged attacks, damage barriers, or other non-melee attacks.

Bloodthirsty +X
This creature is a savage predator with a lust for blood. This creature gains +X attack dice when it makes a melee attack against a Living creature with 1 or more damage. If the attack makes multiple attacks against the same or different objects, it gains this bonus only for the first attack it makes. If there is a damaged Living enemy creature in the Bloodthirsty creature’s zone during it’s Action Phase, it must melee attack that creature (if possible). If there is more than one choice, or it has also been Taunted, it can choose which creature to attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh crap, the avoid attack is for all three attacks? That is correct

So if my hydra is attacking the ferret, just because I hit with the first attack, doesn't mean that the other two do?  Correct

Inverse of that, just because I miss with the first attack, doesn't mean that my other two automatically miss?
According to the above that is also correct.

Even further, if I was a Warlock with a demon with doublestrike as my blood fiend, if the first attack is completely avoided, does the second attack get any bonus dice (Melee +X and Bloodthirsty +X) and would my Warlock heal if the second attack hit? Nope sorry

All would be regardless of hit or miss first attack only. I hope that helps :)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Xeculja

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »
Just a thought but wouldn't the "defense" flip over to the "used" side after the first attack? Thus, unless you'd have any other defenses you wouldn't be able to roll to avoid the attack during the additional strikes step?

Mathias

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
Some creatures have infinite defenses. :)

Xeculja

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »
yep but I'm referring to those without  :)