March 29, 2024, 12:33:54 AM

Author Topic: Suggested Rule change for cons  (Read 50678 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tie Breaker conditions
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »
All matches finished before the 90 minute mark. The fastest was 10min and the longest was 85 min
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=7754
All matches finished before the 90 minute mark. The fastest was 10min and the longest was 85 min

Thanks for the reply. That doesn't surprise me. Ninety minutes seems like plenty of tine to finish a game in a tournament setting. It's easier for casual games to run longer with all the goofing and socializing that goes on.

Preacher

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »

Very happy to read that, one of my main worries was slow burner and defensive decks not being able to compete/win in the 90 min window. Awesome to see that early indications show otherwise!

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 06:39:49 AM »
The fastest was 10min...
:blink:
Um, sorry?   :ohmy:
You're gonna need to expand on this I'm afraid   :)   What was matched against what, and what the HELL happened to make such a short game?!?!  :lol:

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 07:06:41 AM »
Quote from: "Sausageman" post=7798
The fastest was 10min...
:blink:
Um, sorry?   :ohmy:
You're gonna need to expand on this I'm afraid   :)   What was matched against what, and what the HELL happened to make such a short game?!?!  :lol:

Two aggro decks rushed in and attacked till one person died.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Preacher

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »
Nice  :pinch:

Will there be any sort of official tourney report or positions and standings?

Also, was there a final (2 highest scoring players) or just points winner at the end of 5 rounds?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 07:33:07 AM »
4 round most points.

patrickconnor

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »
Quote from: "Preacher" post=7807

Also, was there a final (2 highest scoring players) or just points winner at the end of 5 rounds?

Yes, there will be an official tournament report and standings posted ASAP.

Preacher

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 08:48:54 AM »
Quote from: "patrickconnor" post=7810
Quote from: "Preacher" post=7807

Yes, there will be an official tournament report and standings posted ASAP.

Cool! Look forward to having a read.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
So a question came up yesterday as we were talking about Tournaments and most damage condition to win the tie breaker. So let’s say a Warlock casts an Idol of Pestilences round one and is never destroyed, after 13 rounds the Warlock as taken a total of 20 points of damage and the opponent the same 20 points of damage.

The opponent has only hit the Warlock for a total of 7 points of damage but in total the Warlock has inflicted 33 points of damage (13+13+7). Does he lose or win?

So the question hiding behind all of this is how do DOT's that affect everyone on the board get scored during a tourney?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 04:18:51 AM »
May i offer a suggestion i heard from another game (i think Magic). have round time be 75min + 2 d 12 dice, only the Tournament organizer knows the d12 time.

once that time is up all mages get finite life instantly (imagine poision blood enchantment has been cast), and all damage done to mages form all sources from the next turn onwards is doubled (ie calculate damage normally with dice, pearcing etc, then just double that number)
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 05:42:04 AM »
May i offer a suggestion i heard from another game (i think Magic). have round time be 75min + 2 d 12 dice, only the Tournament organizer knows the d12 time.

once that time is up all mages get finite life instantly (imagine poision blood enchantment has been cast), and all damage done to mages form all sources from the next turn onwards is doubled (ie calculate damage normally with dice, pearcing etc, then just double that number)

A possibility could be removing spell preparation or limit it to incantations and attack spells.
(no more equipmnent, enchantment, creatures, conjurations)

Finish with what you got - and do it quick.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:41 PM »
you can't limit what spells are used because that it an unfair advantage to different mages. what you are esencially saying is you can do W+X+Y+Z damage sources and people build mages around that, then we take out Y and Z making builds who used that for winning.

while doubling damage is a fair game accelerator because if you run swarm, beat down, dot or solo the advantage of double damage is the same effective increase.

until there is official word from arcane wonders I'm going to suggest to use my method for elimination matches.
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 04:21:01 AM »
you can't limit what spells are used because that it an unfair advantage to different mages. what you are esencially saying is you can do W+X+Y+Z damage sources and people build mages around that, then we take out Y and Z making builds who used that for winning.

while doubling damage is a fair game accelerator because if you run swarm, beat down, dot or solo the advantage of double damage is the same effective increase.

until there is official word from arcane wonders I'm going to suggest to use my method for elimination matches.

Taking away healing is the same in a way. If you had a deck that focused on kiting, some healing while doing some damage you would still be at a disadvantage vs a deck that contained 0 ways of healing and just full out damage. (mby because the spells were spent at that point.)

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 05:51:31 AM »
But Finite life is a condition already in the game, while restricting spells is not a current in-game condition