April 28, 2024, 09:55:50 AM

Author Topic: Wizard vs. Priestess...  (Read 16309 times)

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Wizard vs. Priestess...
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 10:11:04 AM »
I had two similar games last night but playing the Priestess against a Wizard using a very similar strategy.

Mordok's Obelisk is good but against the Priestess I would add the Suppression Orb and Mana Siphon and then sent out Creatures specifically to target Temples and Mana Crystals or Flowers.

You can lock down a Priestess quite well but at some point you need to start doing damage to her Temple structure and Creatures or you will get taken out.

As such I think that Mordok's Obelisk is counter-productive since it damages you as much as it damages the Priestess especially if it pushes you to do a Creature light list.

There are some really great Enchantments that you can use to also lock down her Creatures such as Essence Drain, Force Hold and Pacify. Essence Drain and Pacify are great if you already have
the Suppression Orb out as it really starts to eat the Priestess' Mana supply.

If you are using Huginn, Raven Familiar then you should have some additional Mana each turn as he can cast things like Dispel and Seeking Dispel for you so you should be able to easily afford things like  Gate to Voltari and then use it to summon some big nasties like the Darkfenne Hydra.

So lock down her Creatures, hunt down her Temples and then send things like the Hydra at her and you should do well.

I'd also suggest rushing her with creatures like the Blue Gremlin. Putting the Priestess off balance and not letting her set up a series of Temples also helps limit the amount of damage that she can do in return.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Aquila

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
Thank you for the great reply!

Hmm, so what you're saying is, adding Creatures to my book is recommended?
I liked the idea of playing without, but it seems rather impossible!
Maybe i should try the Gate to Voltari, as you said!
The game before i cornered the beastmasters lair with two walls of fire, and locked up his creatures that way! That was pretty cool :) Should try this on the Princess temple...
So enhance mana first, playing mana Crystal and Moonglow A. with harmonize, than the Gate and than rushing forward bashing the spawning temple to dust... :) ignoring her temple of light and hoping some of my creature from my Gate will handle it later... :)

Aquila

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 11:09:47 AM »
... Then not than... Sorry for my spelling...  :blink:

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »
That is certainly a route I would try. It is certainly what I was hoping my opponent wouldn't try last night :-)
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.