April 29, 2024, 06:26:30 AM

Author Topic: Counter Spell vs. Dissolve  (Read 9686 times)

Haema

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Counter Spell vs. Dissolve
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Hello,

I have a question on using counter spell on dissolve. First I want to confirm that nullify and reverse magic works on dissolve because dissolve states "the target mage". Is that correct?

If so, then nullify simply negates the dissolve and reverse magic would redirect the dissolve back to the caster? If reverse magic redirects dissolve, who pays for the X cost, as the new target of dissolve may be a different cost from the original target!

Thanks

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Counter Spell vs. Dissolve
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:52:14 PM »
Quote from: "Haema" post=3577
Hello,

I have a question on using counter spell on dissolve. First I want to confirm that nullify and reverse magic works on dissolve because dissolve states "the target mage". Is that correct?

If so, then nullify simply negates the dissolve and reverse magic would redirect the dissolve back to the caster? If reverse magic redirects dissolve, who pays for the X cost, as the new target of dissolve may be a different cost from the original target!

Thanks

This is correct.

Now on Rev Mag Bryan had post that you can pay the extra mana to destroy something else but you can not get mana back.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

look4honey

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:47 AM »
Where would one place the counter spell enchantment?  On the equipment or on the Mage?  Both Nullify and Reverse Magic states "Corporeal Creature" as legal target.  I would assume the counter spell would be on the mage.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:10:47 AM »
Quote from: "look4honey" post=3672
Where would one place the counter spell enchantment?  On the equipment or on the Mage?  Both Nullify and Reverse Magic states "Corporeal Creature" as legal target.  I would assume the counter spell would be on the mage.

They go on the creature you want to protect. :dry:  

I hope that helps
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage