April 23, 2024, 02:33:06 PM

Author Topic: FIRST POST!  (Read 9386 times)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
FIRST POST!
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »
awsome forums are up and running.  hey all.  now to look at those rules.....
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

SeerMagic

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: FIRST POST!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
finally up and running!

no rules yet :/
\"All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did.\"

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
yeah i noticed that.  im like giddy with excitement as i am a rules nut.  there are few things quite as satisfying as cracking open the rules to a new game and preparing to teach it to the rest of my group.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32:07 PM »
We're working on it right now!  Very close!   :)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »
i know you guys are doing your best and it is apreciated.  i have seen nothing but good things since you guys popped up on my radar

C0ntAct HiGh

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »
Cant wait to start teaching my 8 yr old how to play!!
\"Guilt resembles a sword with two edges.  On one hand it cuts for justice, imposing practical morality upon those who fear it. But there is another side to that weighted emotion.  Conscience does not always adhere to rational judgement.  Guilt is always a self-imposed burden, not always rightly imposed\" --Drizzt Do\'Urden

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
Awesome!  My 8 yr old daughter Danielle can play the Priestess.  My 5 yr. old son Erik likes the Beastmaster, but needs help to play.  He does understand the concept though - keep summoning wolves, send them to bite dad!

C0ntAct HiGh

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
lol! Thats awesome!  The earlier they play games (board games that is) it gets those brains developing.  And there is nothing cooler than when my son out-plays me in a game!
\"Guilt resembles a sword with two edges.  On one hand it cuts for justice, imposing practical morality upon those who fear it. But there is another side to that weighted emotion.  Conscience does not always adhere to rational judgement.  Guilt is always a self-imposed burden, not always rightly imposed\" --Drizzt Do\'Urden

Borg

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 07:25:29 AM »
I hope as well that we can get the rules today.
Next best thing to playing and deckbuilding.

Any idea when the games will start shipping to the distributors ( in Europe ) ?

Dragkin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 07:34:12 AM »
Yeah, I really hope the rules come out. And then, after that, maybe a complete spoiler list of all the cards :) Really tho, I've got a long flight coming up pretty soon - would be great to have these to make it so I don't go crazy through it all.

I also can't wait for the videos to come out. Is there any chance that they will be hosted on a non-youtube server? I'm in China right now and its a pain in the rear to get onto the VPN and wait a good 30 minutes for a 2 minute video (really, really bad here).

C0ntAct HiGh

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 08:38:02 AM »
@ Dragkin  If you go to the mage wars facebook page there has been a card spoiled daily for the past 40 days or so.  Also there is a lot of good pictures and of the Arcane Wonders staff demoing and playtesting the game across the country.  A lot of good information on it.  Should keep you busy for a little while!  
https://www.facebook.com/MageWars

Dragkin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
@Contact high - Thanks for the tip, but I already saw it on Facebook :) Its about the easiest thing I can load on my VPN hehe. I was thinking more of a text list of everything, without art and such. I could load that in my laptop or ereader or something and then read that on the plane. Its great because it seems that the moment I get home, I should have my pre-order arriving just a little before or after :)