April 25, 2024, 02:48:13 AM

Author Topic: Which Artists will be at GenCon?  (Read 13138 times)

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Which Artists will be at GenCon?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
I will definitely sign my cards!  I've already signed a bunch for the Mage Wars staff.  I'll be working in the demo area the whole show, so bring them by!  :)

I'm not sure about the question of using signed cards.  For this GenCon, my guess is that we will be handing out spellbooks for people to use, since the game is not out yet.  This is how we've been doing the tournaments up to this point.  So, you would most likely have to use the demo books.

In future tournaments, I don't think it would be a problem, but I'll ask around.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
Thank you in advance for looking into this.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »
Having artist signatures won't be a problem, so long as the card is still legible and easily identifiable.

HeatStryke

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
I'd suspect that MW would follow the usual, "modifcations are fine as long as the card is identifiable"

Its the same basic premise that games with foreign printing uses, you need to make sure the art is recognizeable to any judge present so he can explain what may be obscured.

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
Ok, I got word from Bryan.

It is officially OK to have signed cards in a tournament.

ALSO, those of you that are attending GenCon 2012, the tournaments will be Apprentice Mode pre-built spellbooks this time around.  :)

1unatic

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
Yes, as many have suspected, using signed cards is 100% acceptable!!

Artists should sign the cards so that they remain legible if it can be helped.

If for some reason the card is not legible, it should at least be identifiable so that its function can be confirmed through an external source such as a judge/moderator or through reference to an identical card.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply all. Just as I suspected.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
Now I'm REALLY bummed about not going to GenCon. I love having signed cards for my games. Granted I've only had 2 cards signed prior but with all those artists in one place...

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
I have 100s of signed and altered cards from other games. I want to be one of the first to get my Mage Wars play sets altered and signed. If I am lucky I I will be able to get a blank cover on a binder to get it custom altered in a Mage Wars style.

I started a new thread to talked about your gencon 2012 Mage Wars experence here.