April 16, 2024, 06:57:40 AM

Author Topic: Angels in Etheria  (Read 5263 times)

Ayumi

Angels in Etheria
« on: August 11, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »
We know that....

There are angels in Etheria.  I'm assuming that the Priestess' band of Angels is a force of light and goodness.

Are there dark angels in Etheria?  

As much detail as possible at this time, please!   I'm planning to run a Priestess as my first mage.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Angels in Etheria
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »
Ayumi- appreciate the interest!
There absolutely will be Dark Angels. You probably won't see one until the second expansion - the Necromancer vs. the Druid.  They will be both Holy and Dark schools.
Angels are amazing - we worked hard to ensure they are particularly powerful, and not easily ignored.  Flying makes them immune to most other creatures melee attacks.  Also, most are imbued with a layer of "holy protection" which reduces all attacks against them. We named this trait AEGIS.  Its better than armor and makes them very tough to deal with.  Strategy tip:  Give your Angel a little armor (most have light armor), and between the armor and their AEGIS, they are very very difficult to stop.  
With the Priestess and her clerics healing the Angels too, other Mages need to beware!
With the exception of the Gray Angel, most Angels will be Legendary, with special powers and abilities.  We have 2 more poised for release, one with healing powers, and one with the power of Wind ("Selesius - the East Wind").

Ayumi

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 04:48:08 AM »
Thank you so much for this terrific preview and Angel strategy! It's so welcome to have Angels in a fantasy universe game, and the AEGIS characteristic and Legendary class is new and exciting. You've given serious thought to the characters and have imbued them with just the right characteristics, logical and consistent allies for the holy Priestess..

I'll make sure to remember to put light armor on my Angels.  Over time, I hope my Priestess will gather a band of Angels, and the healing and elemental aspects will be very useful against the darker characters.

Now, what's all this about a Necromancer and a gang of Dark Angels...are they supposed to be something to look forward to?!?!?!!? :lol:

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »
We know who the first 8 mages are

Base set
Beastmaster
Priestess
Warlock
Wizard

Expansion 1
Forcemaster, Female, Likes to solo buts has creatures like a force golem if needed, uses mind control.
Warlord , Male Orc, troop commander, likes to try to overwhelm is opponents.

Expansion 2
Druid - Female, Focuses more on plant magic more than shapeshifting, nature based magic
Necromancer - Male Prob nonliving, Heavy on nonliving creatures,  Ice based magic -- And now thanks to Bryan we know dark angels
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage