April 26, 2024, 02:29:46 PM

Author Topic: Necromancer balance  (Read 20643 times)

drkwizard

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer balance
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »
Another thing to consider is that there might not be a one-to-one ratio of strength vs. weakness, but instead there might be more of a rock-paper-scissors kind of balance.

For instance, the Necromancer MAY be weak against the Priestess outright, but that isn't to say he couldn't be strong against the Beastmaster persay. The Beastmaster is largely weak against fire, but strong against other things. I think in the end it definitely evens out.
If this is true it would really suck to be the one guy playing Necromancer when most people decide to play Priestess...

You should get the gist.

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 12:55:19 PM »
Definitely a reanimate dead incantation (similar to the Preistess' Resurrection incantation) would be great for the Necromancer.  OR better yet have a 'weak' version of it (with penalties) as his mage special ability.  Sometime like "as a quick cast reanimate a creature for 5 + it's level cost".  As was mentioned giving you the ability to reanimate your enemies fallen dead would make it even more fun and give you additional play style options against any type of mage (including the preistess).  Reanimate that angel or unicorn and send it back at her!

As for balance, I agree, even with the initial penalties vs light/holy damage that can be mitigated and there are other factors such as using Idol of Pestilance and global affects that do not hurt your undead creatures but will hurt the opposing preistess' creatures.

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »
When a creature dies, then it can have a ghoul or skeleton that auto rezs/summons when it dies.  Or give them a dismiss/canabalize your own creatures for a power up.
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

jjcrpntr

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »
I think a cool thing for a necromancer would be to give him the ability that when a creature dies, he can roll the d12 and if it's like 10+ he reanimates the creature (in the zone with the mage) at 70% health or something.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 03:09:36 PM »
There must be a reanimate-your-opponents-creature-spell!

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 04:11:14 PM »
<3 cant wait for this class... watchted some interviews, and heard something about him having a Book of the Dead, Equipment/Spwanpoint :O... sounds nice

And yeah..reanimate opponents creatures would be great.

Maybe some of his creatures could have some sort of zombie virus xD, when they kill a creature theres a chance that creature comes back as an undead.

Death should be something this guy must be looking for... everytime a creature dies, necro should get stronger in some way.. maybe, if a creature dies in an area around him... he gains mana = to the targets level, that be niiice
Warlock FTW, untill necro comes out ._.

Alpha

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 09:51:09 AM »
I'm just going to throw this out there.... Ahlano...well... YOU TOTALLY STOLE MR. SHAD0WS AVATAR! SHAME ON YOU!

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »
looool yes indeed... im new on the forum...and did not notice he had this img... but i will change seeing the ammount of followers he has xD...
I just love necromancers <3

----
Edit: Already Changed Avatar ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:35:35 AM by Ahlano »
Warlock FTW, untill necro comes out ._.