March 29, 2024, 10:20:35 AM

Author Topic: Initiative  (Read 3309 times)

Mathias

Initiative
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
Haven't found anything on the board about this thought.

I've played the game once so far, but as a house rule Initiative does not shift from turn to turn.

The mage with the highest Mana pool gets the initiative-marker.

From reading the rules I want to prevent a player from casting a 20-point monster as a last action when being 2nd player and getting to move with it as 1st player when the marker shifts position.

I also felt it quite unnatural when a mage pumps out a devil-demon from the depths, he will be the one that acts faster next round.

Just my thought.

Mathew

Talamare

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Initiative
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 03:08:41 AM »
While in theory this is a nice idea

It will probably just mean a buff for the Wizard

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Initiative
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »
Quote from: "Mathias" post=3055
Haven't found anything on the board about this thought.

I've played the game once so far, but as a house rule Initiative does not shift from turn to turn.

The mage with the highest Mana pool gets the initiative-marker.

From reading the rules I want to prevent a player from casting a 20-point monster as a last action when being 2nd player and getting to move with it as 1st player when the marker shifts position.

I also felt it quite unnatural when a mage pumps out a devil-demon from the depths, he will be the one that acts faster next round.

Just my thought.

Mathew

Using that rule would lead to even more unbalance in future sets. For example what if a mage has a ton of up keep effects. In one playtest I had 9 upkeep of my 10 channeling.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage