April 20, 2024, 11:36:11 AM

Author Topic: Damage barriers  (Read 13969 times)

Pearsecj

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Damage barriers
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
Damage barriers say that they are a melee attack. If i put one on a Mage with boosted melee attack either innate, like Warlock, or by enchantment/equipment; does the damage barrier attack get the boost?
Don' t bother replying guys, just found the answer in another post. Not an attack so no boost

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Damage barriers
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
Quote from: "Pearsecj" post=2790
Damage barriers say that they are a melee attack. If i put one on a Mage with boosted melee attack either innate, like Warlock, or by enchantment/equipment; does the damage barrier attack get the boost?
Don' t bother replying guys, just found the answer in another post. Not an attack so no boost

I had covered this in another thread but did not get a chance to look for the link.

Damage barriers are a special type of attack, and are neither melee nor ranged attacks. They only
have 2 steps to follow when attacking: 1) Roll Dice and 2) Damage and Effects. They will not trigger
another damage barrier attack or a counterstrike. Damage barriers function automatically. Effects, spells, and conditions that modify a creature’s attacks, including Stun, Sleep, Daze, Weak, etc. have no effect on damage barriers. Traits on the defending creature (the creature the damage barrier is attacking) can modify the damage barrier attack with traits such as Aegis 1, or a matching damage type modifier such as Flame +2. Important: Each object can be protected by only one damage barrier at a time. A new damage barrier cannot be placed on a creature that already has one in place.

I hope that helps
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage