April 27, 2024, 05:05:37 AM

Author Topic: Spell Defenses?  (Read 5004 times)

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Spell Defenses?
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:27:23 PM »
Can you use the golden colored defenses to avoid an attack spell? I would assume yes, since it says attack spells follow the 3 steps of casting a spell and THEN the 8 steps of attacking, but it would seem kind of cheesy to think you could just jump or dodge a huge honking Fireball!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spell Defenses?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »
As a reminder attack spells are attack card type so you can use defense to help protect you from them. This is also the reason why Reverse Attack card can help protect you from them.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Ayumi

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:13:56 AM »
It's brilliant that characters can use spells outside their respective Schools.

Are there any caveats  or limitations when doing this?

Skunkstrype

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 07:33:24 AM »
Aside from the increased points cost, the only limitations seem to be certain spells that can only be taken by a specific type of mage (eg. Lair - Beastmaster Only) or one trained in a particular school of magic (eg. Death Link - Dark Mage Only).

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »
Since your asking about spell book creation I will make a new thread for it and post the direct link here( http://magewars.com/jsite/forum/general-questions/420-rules-for-making-spellbooks#420 ). I do not want this thread to go off topic. This is for spell defense.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage