April 26, 2024, 01:34:10 AM

Author Topic: Aggro, Combo, Control & Hybrid Archtypes  (Read 39000 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Aggro, Combo, Control & Hybrid Archtypes
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2013, 10:55:07 PM »
Wow! You make some really great points. What you're doing is classifying playstyles by how offensive or defensive they are. Offensive being increasing your own pace in the damage race, and defensive being decreasing your opponent's. I was probably classifying them more by actions and resource management then by how they manage damage output overall. Perhaps instead of charting specific individual playstyles, we need more of a spectrum of playstyles graphed on multiple dimensions, such as offensive/defensive, and how they use what kinds of resources and objects to be offensive or defensive in the damage race.

I'm thinking both our playstyle ideas could actually be combined.

Rather than having two Aggro combo control wheels where one is defensive and the other is offensive, lets have approx five of them, one for each of the strategies you mentioned. Of course, it probably will need some editing (I don't really think the playstyle chart is necessarily going to be a perfect cylinder shape).
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.