April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 PM

Author Topic: Voltari  (Read 7427 times)

Skunkstrype

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Voltari
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:09:15 AM »
Wizards apprently believe that the plane of Voltari is the source of magic and are able to open gates to this plane and summon strange creatures from it. What is actually known about this plane, has anyone from Etheria actually travelled there (and returned to tell the tale)?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Voltari
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »
Quote from: "Skunkstrype" post=201
Wizards apprently believe that the plane of Voltari is the source of magic and are able to open gates to this plane and summon strange creatures from it. What is actually known about this plane, has anyone from Etheria actually travelled there (and returned to tell the tale)?

As play-testers we only got a brief glimpse of the background story. For the world and the schools of magic. I can say that the story team has put in a lot of effort to try to flesh out this world. But it is one of the things that we as play-testers were ask not to give up any details on until the Arcane Wonders was ready to reveal them.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Dragkin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
Man, it feels like Mom and Dad just told me that I got something really cool for Christmas, but have to wait a whole month to see what it is. Oh well, I can't wait to see how the story unfolds. From what I've seen this world is very fleshed out and much more interesting that I was thinking it'd be.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
Quote from: "Dragkin" post=274
Man, it feels like Mom and Dad just told me that I got something really cool for Christmas, but have to wait a whole month to see what it is. Oh well, I can't wait to see how the story unfolds. From what I've seen this world is very fleshed out and much more interesting that I was thinking it'd be.

And if you bad I will tell Santa to bring you a lump of coal instead. :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

1unatic

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »
Let the veil of secrecy be lifted!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
Quote from: "1unatic" post=300
Let the veil of secrecy be lifted!

Can I use cut outs from the story bible?

If there is something you do not want posted let me know.
( for example Bloodwave - is ok to post)
( for example Bloodwave - is not ready  to post)

1unatic

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=303

Absolutely, everything in there is fair game.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »
Quote from: "1unatic" post=309
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=303

Absolutely, everything in there is fair game.

It will go up tonight in each of the forums as I break it into sections.
http://magewars.com/jsite/forum/world-and-lore/322-story-bible-voltari

For some reason all the story bible files had been removed even though I had permission to post them. Sorry all.

We talked it over and I understand why it got taken down. This was not the final version and it was still being worked on. I am sorry for any confusion that this caused