March 28, 2024, 12:11:08 PM

Author Topic: Colossus Belt Spring  (Read 3174 times)

Knabbmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Colossus Belt Spring
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:57:35 AM »
The Colossus Belt
The Colossus Belt is a series of matches where a champion takes on one challenger at a time until they lose, when the challenger wins they get the title and will then be the one to face more opponents.

It is a Bo7, using the latest playtest rules and matches take place every two months, this one will be taking place during March - April.

Before each match challengers may sign up, if there are several one will be chosen by the following tie-breakers:
TB1: Highest placement in a tournament in the last 2 years (must at least be top 4).
TB2: How recent that tournament was.
TB3: Highest placement in a tournament all time.
TB4: How recent that tournament was.
TB5: The champions choice

The tournaments looked at are GenCon, German Nationals and the ones held by Arcane duels, more might get added. The date of the tournament is the day that the last game finished.

If nobody sings up before the deadline, March 8th, whoever signs up first gets to play and if there still aren't any challengers by the 15th there will be no match until May.

Whoever lost the most recent match is still allowed to sign up, however everybody else will be prioritised over them, this is to prevent a situation where we have the same two players over and over again.

If the champion quits
If you become the champion you do not have to play the following match, you can simply quit the competition, having the next match be between two challengers chosen by the tie-breaker format. If this occurs the loser of the last match will be able to enter just like everyone else, since it's already clear that we won't have a repeat pairing.

A new challenger will be picked on the 8th of March, you have until then to message me here or on Discord if you want participate.

What about the last match with Juli?
He stopped communicating and I disqualified him because of it, exactly the same thing as a loss, I will prioritize other challengers above him for the spring match and he is welcome to join in May. You do not need to worry that I might do the same to you, he stayed quiet for weeks and you will be warned long before I disqualify you. I do feel conflicted about being both a player and a judge though and I think that is one of the biggest problems of the format and if someone wants to be a judge they are welcome.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 11:02:20 AM by Knabbmaster »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Colossus Belt Spring
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 12:11:56 PM »
I like that it is a) best of 7 and b) has no limitation on the mages. Sign me up!