April 25, 2024, 03:21:58 AM

Author Topic: Warlock build  (Read 6962 times)

bowlkart

Warlock build
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:57:48 AM »
Thinking of a build that was a bunch of spells and all out attack. No idea if it's a good strategy with all these talks of swarms. Just lots if attack spells and channeling to help maintain mana.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Warlock build
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
you by no means need creatures.  i have created several builds without creatures.  i would recomend a battleforge or two to beef out your equipment fast.  use elemental wand, and circle of lightning in case they do have a swarm.

even without creatures you need a way to fight someone who does.  if your going all out attack dont worry about killing creatures go straight for the mage.  its not just the cards its how you play it.

you could also consider heavy melee equipment on top of the spells, if someone is hindering your spells, go melee, if someone is hindering your melee, go spells.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

bowlkart

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
Does + melee stack he book didn't say it didn't so could you bear strength to get a ton of dice.

Fyst

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »
Each melee bonus does stack. However, if you are implying that you would cast multiple "Bear Strength" spells on one target, then that is not allowed. The rule book states the following:

"There is no limit to the number of different enchantments that can be on an object, but each object or zone cannot have more than one enchantment with the same name attached to it at one time."

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
Fyst is correct.

You cannot stack Bear Strengths, but there's nothing stopping you from combining Bear Strength with the Gauntlets of Strength and/or any of the Elemental rings.

You could build the following Warlock:
Lash of Hellfire: 4 Dice
Gauntlets o' Str: +1D
Bear Strength: +2D
Fireshaper Ring: +1D
Warlock's Ability: +1D
TOTAL :     9 Dice/Attack

That's not too bad.  :ohmy:

One final word on stacking: The general rule on stacking is that if there's a +/- sign in front of the number, the trait will stack. If not, then it won't.

This rule of thumb is not perfect, but it's a good place to start.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 07:13:28 AM »
Do not forget AOE and protection spells. Another thing I would try out it Battle Forge. I also put in Battle Fury  and Mage Wand for this style build. Play the mage wand and attach Battle fury to it late if you opponent got aggressive with equip removal. If you go with the solo style it is a good idea to put 1-2 high end creature as late game closers.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

bowlkart

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
Hmm good ideas. Need to look more at cards. I've been going off what ive seen in some games I've played.