March 28, 2024, 11:39:18 AM

Author Topic: Playtesting Update!  (Read 10511 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Playtesting Update!
« on: March 13, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »
We have updated the cards on the Dropbox folder. Here is a breakdown of the changes.
Tar Trap - Small rework (notable changes below)
Removed Epic Trait
You can now take non-spell actions
Added the Flame +1 trait and removed Flame adding an extra die

Temple of Peace
Raised cost from 6 to 7
Changes Aegis 2 to Aegis +1

Kraven, Werewolf Slave
Removed Warlock Only
Added Regenerate 1

You can also view these and previous change logs in the Dropbox folder. From now on we will be doing a master change log document instead of individual ones.

Shark will also be updating the images on OCTGN to reflect these changes. Also I know he has been working to clear up some automation issues. If you find more issues with OCTGN please report them to the OCTGN-issues section of the Discord. Shark will make an announcement when the images are updated.

Also! We've gotten a lot of misunderstandings of rule changes, new card updates, and how certain cards work. We're going to try to implement new ways to get changes out to you. Our goal is that if you are familiar with the rule book (codex and rules changes section) and the cards as they currently are, you will only have to review the change log document to know what is updated.
Thursday 3/18 at 9:15 EST We will be doing a Dev Diary at www.Twitch.tv/coshade1 - We will review every card as it is at the time, and every rule change. We're hoping to catch more people that want to participate in play testing to have good information on where the set is at.

I just wanted to thank everyone that is sending us replays and giving us feedback. Our goal is to make this the best set we can possibly make it, and we appreciate taking a closer look at cards every chance we can get.

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Playtesting Update!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 05:30:16 PM »
Hello Playtesters!
Just wanted to give general updates here. All changes are reflected in the Dropbox under the changelog and the combined images. Sharkey should be able to update the OCTGN images before the tournament begins next week. As always we are looking for any feedback. And we appreciate all the time you have taken to submit games played with the new mages. They are making a difference in making this final set the best it can be.

We will be changing the structure of the tournament to be from Swiss style, to a round robin format. This should get more games in for each player. Also due to popular demand we will be having a semi finals and finals match. If you haven't signed up please check it out!
https://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=18991.0

If you haven't checked out our complete review of the new cards, here is a video to help you jump in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wczjLAiq15Y&list=PLKFenfrT4VG_tEW7cusOTGYzb-y0a9CPh&index=13

Kassandra - Fixed traits to have a proper font
-----------------------------------------------
Bees - Cleaned up the look.
----------------------------------------------
Embalmed - Changed to target.
--------------------------------------------------
Tidal Kick - Added an extra ability to spend 3 Ki to gain a Push effect.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Natural Pandemonium - Removed the Spawnpoint Keyword.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alluring Orchid - Clarified to only work on enemy non-counterstrike attacks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blur - Reveal cost changed from 2 to 0.
--------------------------------------------------
Seismic Hammer - Cleaned up wording.
As a full action you may target a conjuration with no enemy guards in it at range 0-1. You may push your mage one space towards the conjuration. If you are then at melee range to that conjuration, then you must melee attack that conjuration using Pulsing Blow and add 3 dice to that attack.
----------------------------------------------------
Snowstorm Barrier has been changed to an attack spell named Snowstorm
It is now a zone attack that can remove damage from Frost objects as well.
----------------------------------------------------
Screaming Zombie - Unholy scream is no longer psychic, critical damage, it now has a normal damage push chance.
Whirling Spirit - Life lowered from 13 to 10.
Sistarran Wizard - Seer ability has been removed.

CurseofFeanor

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 11:49:11 AM »
Hello,
I am sorry if I have missed it elsewhere.
Is there an estimated release date for this last expansion?

We are a small community in Germany and we are real excited for the new cards.

Thanks for the efford in playtesting and keeping us updated.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 12:30:22 PM »
Hey there!

We are currently in discussion about doing a no change tournament before it's release. It will probably take place in June. My guess is soon after that tournament it will be released. So my guess is July/early August.

If you ever wanted to send us pictures for social media of your MW games, we would love to post them on our MW social media! -> Arcaneduels@gmail.com

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 03:12:23 PM »
Hey there!

We are currently in discussion about doing a no change tournament before it's release. It will probably take place in June. My guess is soon after that tournament it will be released. So my guess is July/early August.

If you ever wanted to send us pictures for social media of your MW games, we would love to post them on our MW social media! -> Arcaneduels@gmail.com
Who is handling production and distribution of the new expansion? Is that going to happen using the regular Arcane Wonders production system and distribution network? i.e. Cards published by Chinese factory and shipped to USA for distribution to retail sales channels.

Thanks
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 08:16:00 AM »
BUMP!

Any updates on play testing of the final MW Arena expansion for those of us who don’t frequent the Discord? I like answering questions on BGG and can’t honestly say whether or not any progress has been made on this in the past several months, or what the odds are against it ever being published, etc.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 04:32:29 PM »
i know there were plans for some updates real soon. i think they are wanting to morph a couple of the new mage cards like the monk and some of his supporting cards too. i would think we should hear from the team really soon too. i think they are wanting some feedback on the proposed items and another tournament testing event for october. coshade will be chiming in here about this i am sure.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 07:11:55 PM »
Hey Nano!

Currently we are still in playtesting for the new set. I appreciate you posting things on BGG, and as always I want to reiterate that everything is subject to change. We're really passionate about making sure this set comes out right, and are really taking the time to get it there.
 Right now we're hoping to be finished with the set around December, but there are a lot of factors post playtesting that might delay it a few months. Hope that helps!

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that there are some spells that are not going to change at all as a result of all of this. Will those specific spell cards that we already have continue to be usable if there are no revisions to them? If so, will there be a list of those spells that are NOT being changed so we can go through the ones we already have and pull out the others?

Thanks.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 06:31:42 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that there are some spells that are not going to change at all as a result of all of this. Will those specific spell cards that we already have continue to be usable if there are no revisions to them? If so, will there be a list of those spells that are NOT being changed so we can go through the ones we already have and pull out the others?

Thanks.

The vast majority are not changing; and you can find the list of cards being changed or being considered for changes in the Dropbox folder.
The Phoenix shall rise.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2021, 07:13:21 PM »
I don't see anything here called "dropbox" -- it would be nice to post a list or downloadable file somewhere on the forum, if you mean that it is being put elsewhere.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 09:53:04 AM »
I don't see anything here called "dropbox" -- it would be nice to post a list or downloadable file somewhere on the forum, if you mean that it is being put elsewhere.

Thanks!

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nifbqikhcff4a6l/AAB3UZtoe9j96LvAz5PawA2Na?dl=0
The Phoenix shall rise.

Freeborn42

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 11:15:06 AM »
Holy Monk changes Batman!

Been a while since I stopped by, looks like the monk was completely overhauled and a lot more cards added to the set!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 07:48:08 AM »
As we approach the anniversary of this thread (and I've lost track of when playtesting for the expansion actually began - 2019?) ... is there any update? How close to "finished" is the content, and is there a plan to print and distribute it? Waiting for supply chain crisis to resolve?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 03:21:02 PM »
It's the anniversary of my previous "anniversary post" and, for anyone still monitoring the Mage Wars forums for signs of life, I just wanted to point out a post on BGG describing the status of the final Mage Wars Arena expansion:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3006043/news-regarding-final-expansion-playtester/page/1

Perhaps 2023 will be the year when Monk & Elementalist finally make their Arena debuts, and the alternate Forcemaster and Wizard finally become a reality - along with all the updated cards, etc.
(Yes, I'm aware I might have said the same thing in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022)