Mage Wars > Events

mage wars weekend indy

<< < (2/6) > >>

zot:
it has been requested that we follow the winter war ruleset for the next mw weekend (4/3-5) here as a means of generating some more data. it is fine by me. anyone have issues with that or have another suggestion? I will post the winter war link below. only a few more weeks until the event. we have several who have committed. if you are interested, please get with me here or on discord to get more details.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=18928.0

zot:
it has been requested that promo cards be allowed. so all promo cards are allowed for any matches however all errata for those promo cards are in effect as well. for instance - no quick cast sandstorms or ballista in any book etc.

zot:
two weeks until mage wars weekend here in indy. assuming nothing changes related to the corona, this is still going to happen. super stoked about seeing folks. I will post here again if anything changes. but so far so good here.

ThisIsDeutch:

--- Quote from: zot on March 20, 2020, 10:00:52 AM ---two weeks until mage wars weekend here in indy. assuming nothing changes related to the corona, this is still going to happen. super stoked about seeing folks. I will post here again if anything changes. but so far so good here.

--- End quote ---

You should cancel. Running a tournament in the middle of a pandemic is entirely irresponsible, considering how easily it spreads and it can be nearly invisible for 2 weeks. The COVID-19 pandemic will only get worse in April and May considering that most states aren't even putting the effort of stopping the spread of the disease, and the US federal government is all over the place with its response.

If you decide to hold the tournament and people get sick, then the fault will be 100% on you. If some of these people die, then it'll be all for some lousy tournament prize- it's simply not worth it.

zot:
we are not holding a formal tournament this time unless people want to do that. note this is still 2 more weeks away. and we would know given the self quarantines that have been in place for over a week already that anyone attending would know if they have any symptoms and stay home.  I do agree it is not worth the risk, but I do also believe by 4/3 we will likely be in decent shape to start coming out of our cocoons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version