March 28, 2024, 11:58:00 AM

Author Topic: Priest - first draft  (Read 9742 times)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Priest - first draft
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 01:28:52 PM »
   dave and I got to play recently and we will see what changes he will make to improve his priest build.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »
   dave and I got to play recently and we will see what changes he will make to improve his priest build.

I've made changes already... have a little better book, I think. Our games with it the other day helped me "see the light." I've got a way to handle archers now, for example.

I am thinking about that Mana Crystal now, though. There are several things waiting for inclusion still, so maybe I'll see how pulling that out works.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »
I posted my revised book in the first message of this thread for your amusement / comment.

Just an example of how I can start:

Battle Forge ( 8 ) and Ring (3) come out first round (Forge in my starting corner), and I move one [ideally moving second to see where the enemy will end up]... and see if the enemy wants to close to kill the Forge [end 8 mana, plus 9, plus one on Forge (17+1) for next turn].

On turn two, I can equip a Breastplate (6-1) from the Forge and prepare a Staff and an Enchantment (most likely either Rhino Hide or Bear Strength).

If I can melee attack in round 2, I cast the Staff (9, leaves three mana) and beat on the enemy Mage with 5 dice and a good chance of Daze (possible Stun!), having two Armor on and enough leftover Mana to be able to add a burn and even to go on guard at the end of the turn if desired. (I think probably guarding turn two is a waste... but it's nice to have the option at least.) [I probably end with two mana, so have 11+1 mana to use next turn this way]

If I can't attack, I cast the Staff as above, but also Enchant myself (hidden) and move to the near center, revealing the enchantment after Planning in turn 3. [I end with one mana, but spend three early next turn to reveal. [7+1 mana to use next turn this way]

If the opponent doesn't try to hit the Forge early, I am then in a decent position to consolidate and equip for a few turns, likely bringing out the Hand on turn three or four, and a creature on turn four or five.

REVISION:

I suppose that I could even Bear Strength turn one instead of the Ring... adding a die to the attack on turn two if it happens... which just prevents the guarding possibility on turn two, and save the ring for the second turn option instead of attacking (instead of BS/RH then). I kind of like having the Ring on though... more flexible.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 11:45:57 AM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess