March 29, 2024, 03:14:43 AM

Author Topic: Frozen - Elementalist  (Read 3243 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Frozen - Elementalist
« on: July 20, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Frozen[/spellbookname]
[mage]An Academy Elementalist Spellbook[/mage]

[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAEA04]1 x Twister[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELA03]1 x Gale Burst[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELA01]2 x Beam of Frost[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELA02]1 x Cone of Frost[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAELJ05]1 x Mana Shard[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELJ04]2 x Ice Spikes[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAELC03]1 x Frost Elemental[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELC05]2 x Ice Golem[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWA01E07]1 x Gator Toughness[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELE02]2 x Frost Trap[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELE01]3 x Deep Freeze[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAELQ01]2 x Amulet of Attunement[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELQ03]2 x Elemental Staff[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELQ04]2 x Wand of Ice and Fire[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01Q10]1 x Wychwood Ironvine[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAELI03]1 x Rapid Dismantle[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAELI04]1 x Upheaval[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01I02]1 x Disperse[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWDI05]1 x Sweeping Strike[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 43 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

This book was made for casual play, no tournament or competitive play in mind though it can be turned into one. I'll let you guys have fun experimenting and playing the book with that direction in mind.

T1: 7 mana
amulet of attunement (activate any glyph), use the amulet to deactivate glyph to gain 2 mana, mana shard (activate earth glyph)
end 0 mana

T2: 8 mana
ice golem (activate air and water glyph), use amulet to deactivate water glyph to gain 2 mana, deep freeze face down on golem
end 0 mana

T3: 8 mana
reveal deep freeze, attack with golem (pay 1 mana to use earth glyph and give golem 2 armor), use amulet to deactivate air glyph for 2 mana, ice spikes (air and water glyph already active so nothing..could use air when golem attacks for guaranteed freeze or water to heal 2 damage if I took any...or just save the mana for the next round.
end 1 mana if I didn't use a glyph, 0 if I did use the second one

This is generally how I play with the book.  Save mana when you can to get the elemental out. the amulet helps with this so much (which is why I have 2). the wand is in here to stack freeze markers and it helps bank mana if I am only using that and possibly punching or guarding with my main action. 

The water glyph and ironvine help mitigate damage to keep my mage alive.

The general idea, though, is to use freeze conditions to DOT enemy creatures and eventually the enemy mage.

I had extinguish in here at one point but I can get so many freeze conditions out with attack spells, creatures, and the wands that I didn't need them.  If I am burned then the wand can offset that with freeze conditions and then I will heal with the water glyph.  I also debated the acid ooze but DOT from freeze makes armor irrelevant. 

Sweeping strike on an ice golem is bananas!

Gator toughness is for my mage, obviously.

Twister is here in case an enemy swarm gets out of hand, and I can activate an air glyph so that my mage or a creature can get +4 on an effect.

The staff is here because  mana for infinite defense is really good.  Yes, I have to pay 1 mana, but I have the shard to offset that, the amulet to off set that, and I will always have a glyph active.   I can have the staff and the wand out at the same time too! add a freeze with the wand, shoot an attack spell (we'll just say 5 mana beam of frost) to active a glyph(s), use the amulet to gain 2 mana, and use the staff to dodge attacks (hopefully). That 1 turn cost 6 mana, I got potentially 3 freeze counters on, dodged an attack, and hopefully I will have a creature to swing in for more freeze counters.  Yes, there is set up but that is a crazy turn!

What happens if I go up against an elementalist using frost creatures? shoot the mage and hope you kill them before they kill you.

Let me know what you guys think. I am eager to get some feedback on this.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen - Elementalist
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:10:38 PM »
Love that opening on elementalist! I also use it. Might be worth it to skip the deep freeze on the golem and see if they ignore it or try to kill it. Could get the elemental out faster.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen - Elementalist
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
That's a good point.  I will try that in my next few games!
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns