Mage Wars > Alternative Play

Oboko Spellbook point price (FM and Paladin) needs update

<< < (2/3) > >>

jacksmack:
Short answer:
Just like siren is schooled in all pirates I read it as the paladin is schooled in all holy creatures - not just the “part” of them that holy.
Similar with FM.

Brian VanAlstyne:
Not official, but I believe this was discussed on the discord. If you have any level in a school for a creature, you are considered a creature of that school. It's why you can summon a Holy 1/Mind 2 creature through a Holy Spawnpoint and thus why these creatures would cost base if you are specifically trained in a creature type. Holy being a type in this case.

Puddnhead:
I will speak with the confidence of an official.

Paladin pays 3 spellbook points for oboko, and Forcemaster pays 4.

A spell is considered to be a particular school if it has at least one level of that school. Therefore:
1) Oboko is a holy creature. Paladin is trained in holy creatures and pays 3 points.
2) Oboko is a mind creature and Forcemaster does not pay triple. Therefore she pays 4 (trained in mind, untrained in holy).

I hope that clears it up.

DaveW:
Oh, I get it on the FM now... right... the creature is not Non-mind, so doesn't cost triple, but the single sbp cost only applies to the Mind levels as that is the only training... the other level costs double since it isn't trained in Holy... so it ends up being 4 total sbp....

Great question!

jacksmack:
Its clear now - thanks Puddin and Dave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version