Mage Wars > Alternative Play

Oboko Spellbook point price (FM and Paladin) needs update

<< < (3/3)

wtcannonjr:

--- Quote from: Puddnhead on June 02, 2019, 02:24:23 PM ---I will speak with the confidence of an official.

Paladin pays 3 spellbook points for oboko, and Forcemaster pays 4.

A spell is considered to be a particular school if it has at least one level of that school. Therefore:
1) Oboko is a holy creature. Paladin is trained in holy creatures and pays 3 points.
2) Oboko is a mind creature and Forcemaster does not pay triple. Therefore she pays 4 (trained in mind, untrained in holy).

I hope that clears it up.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for clearing this up.

I will have to rewire my logic. I thought the Priestess/Priest was trained in all Holy spells including Holy Creatures. This ruling changes that training interpretation. It makes training in a specific spell type more powerful than training in a specific spell school at least in terms of building a spellbook.

Puddnhead:

--- Quote from: wtcannonjr on June 03, 2019, 06:24:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Puddnhead on June 02, 2019, 02:24:23 PM ---I will speak with the confidence of an official.

Paladin pays 3 spellbook points for oboko, and Forcemaster pays 4.

A spell is considered to be a particular school if it has at least one level of that school. Therefore:
1) Oboko is a holy creature. Paladin is trained in holy creatures and pays 3 points.
2) Oboko is a mind creature and Forcemaster does not pay triple. Therefore she pays 4 (trained in mind, untrained in holy).

I hope that clears it up.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for clearing this up.

I will have to rewire my logic. I thought the Priestess/Priest was trained in all Holy spells including Holy Creatures. This ruling changes that training interpretation. It makes training in a specific spell type more powerful than training in a specific spell school at least in terms of building a spellbook.

--- End quote ---

A slight, but very important, distinction is that Priestess and Priest are trained in the Holy school and not in Holy spells. So, correct that the Paladin gets multi-school creatures (as long as one of the schools involved is Holy) more cheaply. However, he is not trained in the Holy school past level 3 which means if he wants to take Resurrection (lvl 4) he must pay 8 spellbook points for it.  Additionally, and perhaps more relevantly, he is not trained in the War school beyond level 2 which means he pays 2 points for a Wychwood Ranger, but 6 points for a Dwarf Panzerguard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version