March 28, 2024, 06:35:09 PM

Author Topic: Storage system for Mage Wars game with all expansions  (Read 6234 times)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Storage system for Mage Wars game with all expansions
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:38:01 PM »
I posted some pics with my storage system for Mage Wars on BGG.

Here is the link - https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/4279852/mage-wars-arena

Move to the right in the list of pictures to see the different storage levels with game content.

Note - the picture to the left has a nice view of my demo kit exploded into layers on the floor with some art you may recognize on the far wall.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Parliament

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Storage system for Mage Wars game with all expansions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »
I really love what you came up with for storage. How did you do the foam dividers between the different levels?

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Re: Storage system for Mage Wars game with all expansions
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:57:37 AM »
I really love what you came up with for storage. How did you do the foam dividers between the different levels?
I found complete storage systems designed for miniature games, but I adapted the foam layers for Mage Wars. There are standard 'load outs' with different kits, but you can also find custom foam layers of different thickness that you can create your own size sections to store objects. This is how I created the map and spellbook layers. The counter and action markers are stored in a standard foam layer that fits many games.

Here is the link to one of these systems - https://us.battlefoam.com/

So this is not a 'cheap' system, but it does allow me to travel to friends and conventions with my complete set and around 12 spellbooks. There are pockets on the outside of the case that hold additional spellbooks.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin