March 28, 2024, 11:44:55 PM

Author Topic: The Mage Wars Arena Portability Project, lite version  (Read 2870 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
The Mage Wars Arena Portability Project, lite version
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:45:33 PM »
So some people might remember the mage wars portability project which ACG started, which didn't quite catch on. I would like to pick up where he left off. I want to optimize the project for feasibility and ease of implementation as well as minimizing construction effort while not looking ugly. The fewer pieces needed to setup a game and play it the better. Also want to not have money wasted on things you aren't using. This version of the project does not require you to waste a bunch of printer paper nor to go to an office supply store to shop for a bunch of stuff.

So here is what i recommend. Play Mage Wars Arena as normal but with the following changes only:

1. Dont use action markers or quickcast markers. Instead of flipping action marker, just turn a creature sideways. Instead of using quickcast marker, just turn mage ability card sideways.

2. Don't use the binders, keep your spellbooks in deck form.

3. Either use magnetic status boards to keep track of mage stats or do not use the status boards. You can also use 20 sided dice for creature stats. Use them for mages too if you're not using magnetic status boards. For incremental life change, like sunfire amulet or divine reward or sardonyx's effect, use a d20 to keep track of changes. If its something like bull endurance or gator toughness etc, you can just keep track in your head.

If you don't have d20's to spare, then you can just use the damage and mana tokens that come with the game, but be extra careful not to let them get mixed up with your other tokens and markers because that will make setup and cleanup much slower.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:51:33 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.