April 25, 2024, 09:23:39 AM

Author Topic: It is 2019 - What do we know?  (Read 23952 times)

kayofkayos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
It is 2019 - What do we know?
« on: January 02, 2019, 04:17:54 AM »
First of all, happy new year to all.

As the title says, what do we know?
We know the Monk and Necromancer are coming to Academy this spring, but other than that? Not much.

Personly I just hope for a LGV2 for arena, with the rest of the unreleased promos. And it would be the easiest to do for AW anyway, low cost high reward, kind of release. It would also please the Arena exclusive players, who have been feeling a bit neglected, since Academy took over.

And maybe an expansion with the Elementalist and the Monk coming for Arena, down the line, IF they decide to keep on expanding that is.

Anybody with some insider knowledge on the subject?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

TucsonDoug

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: It is 2019 - What do we know?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »
Elementalist vs monk for arena would be cool I think. Don't know if it will happen though.

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:47:48 PM »
As I've said before, it would be the easiest thing to just put together the Arena stats cards for Elementalist and Monk and ship those two cards as bonuses in another product.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 04:10:09 PM »
Elementalist and Monk as is, no matter what their stat cards give them unless its 180 point spellbooks and 70 health, would not be playable in a competitive meta as they don't have the card base to be a full mage. I'd still love for them to be created just to have but unless AW wakes up and realizes Mage Wars will die without full expansions, I hold no hope for them to do anything.

kayofkayos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 04:52:36 AM »
I agree with DevilsVendetta. For Monk and Elementalist to be playable, AW has to design the spells so it is suited for arena.
But is it so far fetched?
I have only been playing for less than half a year, but honestly, is it already my favorite game. I would hate to watch in die just as I have gotten in to it.

But it seems hard to get a hold of information regarding this game.
So it would be interesting to hear an official statement of what AWs future plans are with Arena.
-Are they interested in making the game complete at all?
-Will there be 2 of each mages?
-Will the remaining promos be released?
-Will there be terrain conjurations for all classes?
-Will the rights for Arena be sold, if AW have lost interest in the game?

It would take 6 releases to make the game complete.
1 LGv2
1 Monk vs Elementalist
4 tome spell expansions so there will be 2 mages of each.
Terrain conjurations could be included in all of the above.

I don't care if it would take a decade.

But at the end of the day, it is all about supply and demand, I guess... So the chances for all of those releases to happen are probably non existing.
Still my favorite game though. I'm gonna keep playing the hell out of it, complete or not.

Sorry for the ramble guys.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Grimstringer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »
i think just a promo release  and a  mage vs mage would be great  no need for more variant mages, they arent that crucial

to make it only 2 releases :D 

we all know it wont happen though : _)

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 11:39:09 AM »
Well, we've had the art for Alternative Forcemaster vs Wizard mages available for years now: safe to say that if Arena will ever receive a mage expansion again, it will have to be with the art that was shown to us years ago...

Maybe we get a Lost Grimoire 2? Personally I think that Arena is dead, but it is possible that Arcane Wonders releases one final set before closing it off.

I don't understand why people are talking about Monk vs Elementalist as if it will be the new release for Arena we've all been waiting for. They're couldn't care less about bringing Academy sets to Arena: the last few years have been proof of that.

2019 will bring us nothing. Mage Wars Arena is dead- Arcane Wonders killed it themselves

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 06:59:10 PM »
Not dead so long as we keep playing it.

No new releases does not equal a dead game. There has not been an expansion to chess for 1000 years...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 03:09:51 AM by Arkdeniz »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »
agreed completely. keep the faith, and keep playing.

ThisIsDeutch

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 11:03:07 PM »
There has not been an expansion to chess for 1000 years...

After hundreds of year chess still has value; Mage Wars Arena will lose its lustre after max 10 years from now

keep the faith

Oh boy....

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 03:16:38 PM »

No new releases does not equal a dead game. There has not been an expansion to chess for 1000 years...
I agree with your first point.

As far as chess goes here are some 'expansions' for consideration. :)

A list of chess 'expansions'
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objecttype=boardgame&q=chess&B1=Go

Two versions that looked interesting to me.

Glyph Chess (plays 2 or 3 players)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1478866864/glyph-chess-the-magic-board-game?ref=discovery
I've kickstarted this game because a good 3-player games are hard to find.

Chessplus (a new version from an Australian company that allows a player to combine pieces and use the movement of either piece. Very clever.)
https://chessplus.com/

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 08:20:10 AM »
for me , this game now with the current politics, it´s seem a waste of money, i enjoy every battle, but i don´t buy anything before paladin, because i only play one game every 3 months although i have a whatssap group with people that only collect groups, im the only one than ask each week for an opponent, i hope the rights of this game were sold to another Company that fights more for it, because it´s sad not enjoy a expansión for arena anymore or to see expansión that have both (a arena and an academy versión of the same mage), i believe it´s not hard to design a new mage, for example a new wizard, that could use all old wizard spells, but different powers, now it makes me sad and angry seeing all my grimories without use. Which is the point of a designer/creator to give bith to a fantastic game, seeing that people ask more of the same game (more money for me) and do nothing?

Maybe in the next future i sold all and only playing online.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 10:49:52 AM »

I agree with your first point.

As far as chess goes here are some 'expansions' for consideration. :)

A list of chess 'expansions'
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objecttype=boardgame&q=chess&B1=Go

Two versions that looked interesting to me.

Glyph Chess (plays 2 or 3 players)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1478866864/glyph-chess-the-magic-board-game?ref=discovery
I've kickstarted this game because a good 3-player games are hard to find.

Chessplus (a new version from an Australian company that allows a player to combine pieces and use the movement of either piece. Very clever.)
https://chessplus.com/

Don't forget Fisherrandom... I loved playing that variation when it was more popular.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Parliament

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 03:04:44 PM »
Just saw Arcane Wonders tweeting about the Necromancer Academy Expansion. Check it out if you haven’t yet. After reading the tweet I checked Min Market and they have pre-orders for Monk and Necromancer. I’m very much looking forward to them and wanted to share the news.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 01:27:00 AM »
yeah, i see them, but only interested in new arena mages, no one play academy in my country.