March 28, 2024, 08:01:34 AM

Author Topic: School icons for the basic spellbooks  (Read 6627 times)

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
School icons for the basic spellbooks
« on: August 05, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »
You could include a school icon next to the card names (maybe with their level as well) in the rulebooks for the mage expansions. This would help building those basic spellbooks if you order your spells by school.

1unatic

Re: School icons for the basic spellbooks
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »
Excellent suggestion!

I will keep this in mind for the suggested starter spellbooks for each new mage we release.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
If you have not seen the rule book here is a quick overview of the card template.
[attachment=1]AdramalechtheLordofFire.jpg[/attachment]
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

1unatic

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »
I believe he was speaking of the starter spellbooks that we recommend on page 38 of the rulebook (page 40 of the .pdf). Admittedly, putting together these spellbooks with only the spell names and types to work from could prove tedious, depending on how the player's cards are organized.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »
From the last version I saw of it the list was color coded but that was back in may. It may have change since then. But no version I remember seeing has has the school icons on it. This would make for a good upgrade to the file.

Plus I wanted to edit the pic since I cant post some of the spells I have been working on for Byran. I am bringing my notes to Gencon. I cant wait till people get to meet the Arch Mage.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 03:50:35 AM »
Thanks! Once you are finished with everything else, you could upload such a starter spellbook list as a separate downloadable pdf. And whoever needs it can download it, there's no need to edit the whole rulebook for this.

Also if you are doing a spell list for the main game (I think someone promised this on BGG somewhere) you could make it like this.