April 16, 2024, 06:19:48 PM

Author Topic: Dragonscale Armor Set & Dragon Rider Mage + Cards  (Read 11498 times)

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Dragonscale Armor Set & Dragon Rider Mage + Cards
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:41:58 PM »
Everything in this post, even if it's not in-school, would be included in the starter book.

Dragon Rider
Spell Point Limit: 120
Health: 30
Armor: 0
Channeling: 10

Creature: Human

Training: Trained in the Fire school and level 1 of War.

Abilities

Dragon Bond: When a friendly Dragon creature comes into play you may choose to bond with it. Pay mana equal to it's Level, then place your Dragon Bond marker on it. Both you and your Bonded Dragon gain Life +5 and Armor +1. You may spend 1 Quick Action while in the same Zone to attach yourself to your Bonded Dragon. While attached, any damage you or your Bonded Dragon take is split between you and your dragon equally (odd amounts are dealt to your Bonded Dragon). Your Bonded Dragon gains Melee +1, and an additional Melee +1 while in the same Zone as you. If you are attached to it, it also gains Ranged +1. You may Unattach at any time without spending an action. While attached to the Dragon, you move with the Dragon. You cannot take move actions unless you unattach first. If the Dragon is destroyed, the Dragon Bond marker is permanently destroyed unless the Dragon was destroyed by it's own effect to pay for a new Dragon, in which case the new Dragon gains the Dragon Bond marker.

Dragon Call: Once per turn, this Mage may pay 2 less mana when he casts a Dragon spell.

Basic Melee Attack ;; Melee ;; Quick ;; 3 Damage

((I'm tempted to make it so he's immune to the life drain of Sardonyx, or can spend a Quick Action himself to ready Alfiya, but I've ultimately decided not to))

Equipment!

Dragonscale Helm ;; Equipment - Helm ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 12 ;; School: Fire 4 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Uncommon (New Keyword, means: You cannot have more than 2 copies of this card in your book.)

Mage gains Armor +1 and Flame -1. You may spend a Quick Action to gain the Dragon sub-type, and Melee +1 for every 2Dragonscale equipment spells you have equipped, until the end of the round, and gain 1 Burn.

---

Dragonscale Cloak ;; Equipment - Cloak ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 9 ;; School: Fire 2 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Mage gains Armor +1 and Flame -1. The Mage may spend 1 Quick Action to gain Flying until the end of the turn, and gains 1 Burn.

This represents being able to turn the cloak into a pair of dragon wings.

---

Dragonscale Amulet ;; Equipment - Amulet ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 8 ;; School: Fire 3 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

If you are not a Dragon, each time you take an Action, unless that Action turns you into a Dragon, you gain 1 Burn. While a Dragon, you may take up to 2 extra Quickspell Actions per turn, but gain 1 Burn when you use it. They cannot be Conjuration, Incantation, or Equipment spells.

---

Dragonscale Gauntlets ;; Equipment - Gloves ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 7 ;; School: Fire 2 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Fire, 1 Dice, d12 9-11, Burn, 12+ Burn 2, Defrost

Mage gains Armor +1 and Flame -1. The Mage's melee attacks gain the attack bar characteristics above, in addition to any traits it already has: the flame damage, an effect die roll, and the Defrost trait. When you make a melee attack, you gain 1 Burn.

This means the melee attack rolls 1 more die (it is not rolled separately), the entire attack becomes Fire, and it will add a burn or two on high enough rolls.

---

Dragonscale Belt ;; Equipment - Belt ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 8 ;; School: Fire 3 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Uncommon

Mage gains Armor +1 and Flame -1. Any damage from Burns becomes Healing instead.

---

Dragonscale Greaves ;; Equipment - Breeches ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 7 ;; School: Fire 2 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Mage gains Armor +1 and Flame -1. You may spend a Quick Action to gain Fast for the turn, and gain 1 Burn.

---

Dragonscale Boots ;; Equipment - Boots ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 7 ;; School: Fire 2 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Mage gains Armor +1 and Flame-1. If you move into a Zone with Terrain, you may gain 1 Burn and destroy it and send to the Discard Pile.

---

Dragonscale Shield ;; Equipment - Dragon ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 8 ;; School: Fire 2 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Defense, 1 Use: 12+
You gain a bonus on this d12 roll equal to the number of Burns you have. An enemy that is blocked gains 2 Burns during the Counterstrike Step of the attack.

Mage gains Flame -2. You may spend a Quick Action to gain Guard for the turn (regardless of any other actions you take), and gain 1 Burn.

---

Dragonscale Great Sword ;; Equipment - Weapon OR Weapon & Shield ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Cost: 7 ;; School: Fire 2 ;; Quick ;; Range: 0-2

Single-Handed Slash
Fire, Melee, Quick, 3 Dice, D12 5+ Burn, Defrost, Piercing +1

Two-Handed Slash
Fire, Melee, Full, 5 Dice, D12 3-7 Burn, 8+ Burn 2, Defrost, Piercing +2

Two-Handed Slash can only be used if Dragonscale Great Sword is equipped as both Weapon and Shield.

---

Full Dragonscale Gear Stats

Each section that is indented requires a Quick Action to activate, with blank spaces to show separate groups of abilities for Quick Actions that are next to each other.

Armor +8
Flame -10
     Melee +5 (this assumes you are using the sword one-handed and wield the Shield)
     Dragon

Flying
Two extra Quick actions if Dragon. They cannot be Conjuration, Incantation, or Equipment spells.
Extra Damage, Fire, +1 Dice, d12 9-11, Burn, 12+ Burn 2, Defrost
Regeneration based on Burn dice roll/Burnproof (as you don't take Burn damage_
     Fast
The ability to destroy Terrain that you walk on at the cost of Burning.
Defense, 1 Use: 12+, bonus from Burns, gives enemy Burn 2
     Guard, not lost from attacking that turn
Single-Handed Slash, Fire, Melee, Quick, 3 Dice, D12 5+ Burn, Defrost, Piercing +1 (total with bonuses: 9 dice, 5-8 Burn, 9-11 Burn 2, 12+ Burn 3)
Two-Handed Slash is not usable due to Shield.

Conjurations!

Dragon Hatchery ;; Cost: 12 ;; Fire 4 ;; Conjuration ;; Subtypes: Dragon ;; Quick ;; 0-1 ;; Target: Zone

Dragon Rider Only
Epic
Zone Exclusive
Spawnpoint
Flame -2
Channeling 2
Life: 10
Armor: X

During the Deployment Phase, Dragon Hatchery may Summon 1 Dragon creature or Minor Dragon conjuration. X equals the number of Level 3 or higher Dragons in this Zone. Level 2 or lower Dragon Creatures and Conjurations in this Zone cannot be attacked as long as a Level 3 or higher Dragon is in this Zone.

---

Dragon Egg ;; Cost: 4 ;; Fire 1 ;; Conjuration ;; Subtypes: Dragon ;; Quick ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Life: 4
Armor: N/A
Resilient
Dissipate 3

When Dissipate runs out, you may Summon a Minor Dragon creature in this Zone, and pay 4 less Mana for that creature.

Creatures!

Dragon Hatchling ;; Cost: 4 ;; Fire 1 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Pest
Life: 6
Armor: 0

Baby Bite: Melee ;; Quick ;; 2 Dice ;; Counterstrike

When you or a Spawnpoint you control summons a Dragon that is 1 Level higher than Dragon Hatchling, Dragon Hatchling can be destroyed to reduce the mana cost by 4. You cannot destroy more than 1 Dragon creature to gain mana by its' own effect per round.

---

Dragon Youngling ;; Cost: 8 ;; Fire 2 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Life: 8
Armor: 1

Dragon Bite: Melee ;; Quick ;; 3 Dice ;; Counterstrike

Baby Flame: Ranged ;; Fire ;; 0-1 ;; Full ;; 1 Dice ;; D12 8+ Burn, Defrost

When you or a Spawnpoint you control summons a Dragon that is 1 Level higher than Dragon Youngling, Dragon Youngling can be destroyed to reduce the mana cost by 4. You cannot destroy more than 1 Dragon creature to gain mana by its' own effect per round.

---

Wyvern ;; Cost: 8 ;; Fire 1 + Air 1 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Life: 5
Armor: 3
Flying
Elusive

Wind Breath: Ranged ;; Air ;; 0-1 ;; Full ;; 2 Dice ;; D12 7+ Push

Wyvern Claws: Melee ;; Full ;; 4 Dice ;; d12 +7 Grapple

While Grappled by it's own effect, Wyvern can still move, and moves it's Prey with it, but gains Slow.

---

Drake ;; Cost: 8 ;; Fire 1 + Water 1 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon, Aquatic ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Life: 7
Armor: 2
Flying
Fast

Water Breath: Ranged ;; Water ;; 0-2 ;; Full ;; 2 Dice ;; d12 7-9 Daze, 10+ Stun, Unavoidable

Fire Breath: Ranged ;; Fire ;; 0-2 ;; Full ;; 2 Dice ;; D12 7-9 Burn, 10+ Burn 2, Defrost

If you use Water or Fire Breath, you cannot use that attack again on your next turn.

---

Dragon Guardian ;; Cost: 12 ;; Fire 2 + War 1 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon, Soldier ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Life: 12
Armor: 2
Flying
Intercept

Dragon Bite: Melee ;; Quick ;; 4 Dice ;; Counterstrike

Dragon Back-Fire: Ranged ;; Fire ;; 0-2 ;; Quick ;; 3 Dice ;; D12 7-9 Burn, 10+ Burn 2, Defrost

Dragon Back-Fire can only be used as a Counterstrike to a Ranged Attack. At the end of his activations, Dragon Guardian may place a Guard marker on himself if there is a Level 3 or lower Dragon in his Zone. When you or a Spawnpoint you control summons a Dragon that is 1 Level higher than Dragon Guardian, Dragon Guardian can be destroyed to reduce the mana cost by 4. You cannot destroy more than 1 Dragon creature to gain mana by its' own effect per round.

---

Dragon Hunter ;; Cost: 12 ;; Fire 3 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon, Hunter ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Flying
Fast

Dragon Bite: Melee ;; Quick ;; 4 Dice ;; Piercing +2

Dragon Fire: Ranged ;; Fire ;; 0-2 ;; Full ;; 2 Dice ;; D12 7-9 Burn, 10+ Burn 2, Defrost

When a minor creature is destroyed by Dragon Hunter, you gain 1 mana. When a major creature is destroyed by Dragon Hunter, you gain mana equal to it's Level. When you or a Spawnpoint you control summons a Dragon that is 1 Level higher than Dragon Hunter, Dragon Hunter can be destroyed to reduce the mana cost by 4. You cannot destroy more than 1 Dragon creature to gain mana by its' own effect per round.

---

Dragon Knight ;; Cost: 12 ;; Fire 2 + War 1 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon, Soldier ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Armor: N/A
Resilient
Lumbering

Dragon Stone Breath: Ranged ;; Earth ;; 0-2 ;; Full ;; 3 Dice ;; D12 8-10 Slam, 11+ Stun

Creatures that are Dazed (as a result of Slam) or Stunned by Dragon Knight cannot recover from those conditions this turn. When you or a Spawnpoint you control summons a Dragon that is 1 Level higher than Dragon Knight, Dragon Knight can be destroyed to reduce the mana cost by 4. You cannot destroy more than 1 Dragon creature to gain mana by its' own effect per round.

---

Dragon Stalker ;; Cost: 12 ;; Fire 3 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon, Shadow ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Life: 8
Flying

Dragon Bite: Melee ;; Quick ;; 3 Dice ;; +2 vs Crippled

Dragon Smoke: Ranged ;; Zone ;; Dark ;; 0-2 ;; Full ;; 0 Dice ;; D12 5-7 Daze, 8-10 Slam + Stagger, 11+ Slam + Stagger 2

As a Quick Action, Dragon Stalker gains Invisible until the end of the next round or when he Attacks. If you damage an enemy while Invisible, roll the effect die. On 8+, they are Crippled. When you or a Spawnpoint you control summons a Dragon that is 1 Level higher than Dragon Stalker, Dragon Stalker can be destroyed to reduce the mana cost by 4. You cannot destroy more than 1 Dragon creature to gain mana by its' own effect per round.

---

Dragon Broodmother ;; Cost: 16 ;; Fire 4 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon, Mother ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Legendary
Flying
Lumbering
Familiar
Life: 15
Armor: 3
Channeling 1

Dragon Bite: Melee ;; Quick ;; 5 Dice ;; Counterstrike

Dragon Fire: Ranged ;; Fire ;; 0-2 ;; Full ;; 3 Dice ;; D12 7-9 Burn, 10+ Burn 2, Defrost

Dragon Broodmother may only cast Level 1-2 Dragon creature or conjuration spells. When you or a Spawnpoint you control summons a Dragon that is a higher Level than Dragon Broodmother, Dragon Broodmother can be destroyed to reduce the mana cost by 4. You cannot destroy more than 1 Dragon creature to gain mana by its' own effect per round.

---

Grand Dragon  ;; Cost: 24 ;; Fire 8 ;; Creature ;; Subtype: Dragon, King ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Dragon Rider only
Legendary
Psychic Immune
Flame Immune
Life: 20
Armor: 4
Flying

Grand Dragon Bite: Melee ;; Quick ;; 6 Dice ;; Piercing +3

Grand Dragon Claws: Melee ;; Full ;; 4 Dice ;; Doublestrike

Grand Dragon Fire: Ranged ;; Fire ;; 0-3 ;; Full ;; 4 Dice ;; D12 5-8 Burn, 9+ Burn 2, Defrost, Sweeping

Grand Dragon Call: Cost: 4 mana ;; Full ;; 1-2 ;; Teleport target Dragon to this Zone.

During each Upkeep Phase, each non-Dragon object in the same Zone as Grand Dragon gains 1 Burn, and Grand Dragon's controller gains 2 Burns.

Incantations!

Shed Dragon Scales ;; Cost: X ;; War 1 ;; Incantation ;; Subtype: Dragon, Command ;; Quick ;; 0-2 ;; Target: Dragon creature

Remove as many conditions as you wish from the target, paying the removal cost for each one. Then, you may destroy as many Enchantments on the target as you wish, paying the total mana cost (casting and reveal cost) for each one. You may then cast 1 Dragonscale equipment spell, and reduce the mana cost by half of X.

---

Ancient Dragon Magic: Truesight ;; Cost: 8+X2 ;; Fire 3 + War 1 ;; Incantation ;; Subype: Dragon ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Mage

Dragon Rider only
Magecast
Epic

You gain 1 Burn, then you may look upto X face-down cards in the Arena, including enemy Planned cards. The cards are not activated at this time.

---

Ancient Dragon Magic: Flame of Rebirth ;; Cost: 16 ;; Fire 4 ;; Incantation ;; Subtype: Dragon, Healing ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Dragon Rider only
Magecast
Epic

Fire ;; 4 Dice ;; d12 6+ Burn 2, Defrost

You gain 1 Burn. All objects in the zone are hit by the above fire attack. Dragons are healed instead of taking damage, and gain 1 Rebirth token if they would gain a Burn. If a non-Mage creature with a Rebirth token on it is destroyed, it is Summoned at the end of the turn in the same zone it was destroyed in. A Mage with a Rebirth token on it that would be defeated heals 10 dice instead. If it would still be defeated, it is defeated.

---

Ancient Dragon Magic: Eternal Flame ;; Cost: 7 ;; Fire: 3 ;; Attack ;; Subtyle: Dragon ;; Full ;; 0-0 ;; Target: Zone

Dragon Rider only
Magecast
Uncommon

Eternal Flame ;; Ranged ;; Zone ;; Fire ;; 3 Dice ;; d12 3-6 Burn, 7-9 Burn 2, 10+ Burn 3, Defrost

Dragons are Immune to this attack. When this spell would be discarded after it is cast, you may choose to cast it again as a Terrain card in the targeted Zone that deals it's Attack to any non-Dragon in that Zone during each Upkeep Phase, or choose a direction. If you choose a direction, cast the spell again 1 Zone farther in the chosen direction, and after it resolves, repeat the attack 1 Zone farther away. This continues until there are no farther Zones.

Enchantments!

Empathic Bond ;; Cost: 2/X ;; Mind 1 ;; Enchantment ;; Quick ;; 0-2 ;; Target: non-Mage Creature

During the Upkeep Phase, the Mage may transfer any amount of damage up to 3 between himself and the enchanted Creature. X = creature's Level.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:44:06 AM by Milevan_Faent »

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonscale Cloak
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 02:58:58 AM »
:) when you will create Wind Wywern set or Demon Hide set, just do it in one post :) It would be easier to compare each piece of equip.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonscale Cloak
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »
:) when you will create Wind Wywern set or Demon Hide set, just do it in one post :) It would be easier to compare each piece of equip.

Fair enough. I could probably put the whole set in one post if there is a way for me to delete my own posts. I'll try that now.

EDIT: So, I can't delete the other posts, but I've copied everything into this one.

EDIT2: Also, how did you know I was planning that? Are you reading my mind? You shouldn't, it's a scary place in there.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:09:38 AM by Milevan_Faent »

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonscale Armor Set
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 08:17:44 AM »
Dont worry, i dont read minds but Great Minds think alike :)

My dragonhunter mage was in need of DragonScale Armor set once, but idea about him and the set never make it to actual form or card.
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 08:19:40 AM »
Dont worry, i dont read minds but Great Minds think alike :)

My dragonhunter mage was in need of DragonScale Armor set once, but idea about him and the set never make it to actual form or card.

I'm thinking of making a Mage to go with the set, but I haven't decided what to do for it yet. Knowing me, it will probably be a Dragon Rider in the end.... damn it, just typing that gave me ideas I'll probably have to use now XD

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 08:28:17 AM »
Worst thing is a time gap between the stroke of a genius and moment you write those things down. Mostly,i forgot 75% of all cool ideas i have :D

I am sure, most of those ideas would be unbalanced hyped garbage but i  100% know how you feel :)

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 08:45:01 AM »
Worst thing is a time gap between the stroke of a genius and moment you write those things down. Mostly,i forgot 75% of all cool ideas i have :D

I am sure, most of those ideas would be unbalanced hyped garbage but i  100% know how you feel :)

Well, I've done it, I've made a Dragon Rider XD And I'm sure I will eventually make a bunch more cards, since Dragon Riders have always been something I've loved in fantasy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:11:39 AM by Milevan_Faent »

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonscale Armor Set & Dragon Rider Mage + Cards
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »
Okay, I have now added a set of Dragons and the Dragon Hatchery to the set, and I MIGHT be done with it now.... I really hope I'm done with it............. I'm probably not gonna be done with it XD

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 02:13:34 PM »
I was right, I'm not done. Added 2 new Level 3 Dragons, and an Incantation.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 09:55:09 AM »
Can I get more feedback on this?

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 10:52:08 AM »
Dragon Rider, I would like to see instead somtehing like, an Drakonier.
1. More less human-like races as Mages would be realy good for Mage Wars.
2. Dragon Rider = Rider imply mounts, and mounts are currently not part of Mage Wars, are probably forbidden in the arena as well as flying for the Mages.

Drakonier, a humanoid race as a Mage. I think the combination of Fire School and War is very good for them.

We know that there is such a humanoid race in the world  "Archenemy".

Since there are only 2 dragons in the game, there is one holy and one dark. I thought it was that all dragons have the same roots and that life makes them what they are.
Since dragons are magical creatures, I think they should start as an egg in the Arcane school.
But since most Dragons love fire,  for sure the Fire Dragons that spreaded most.

Of course, all that is just my opinion.
I realy like
Dragonscale Belt, I think level 2 fire school would be optimal for that.
Dragonscale Great Sword, is very good only i would change the name for it.... "Dragonscale" is good for armor but for a sword?
Legendary Dragons should all have a Name.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:53:13 AM by Karadox »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 01:43:51 PM »
Dragon Rider, I would like to see instead somtehing like, an Drakonier.
1. More less human-like races as Mages would be realy good for Mage Wars.
2. Dragon Rider = Rider imply mounts, and mounts are currently not part of Mage Wars, are probably forbidden in the arena as well as flying for the Mages.

Drakonier, a humanoid race as a Mage. I think the combination of Fire School and War is very good for them.

We know that there is such a humanoid race in the world  "Archenemy".

Since there are only 2 dragons in the game, there is one holy and one dark. I thought it was that all dragons have the same roots and that life makes them what they are.
Since dragons are magical creatures, I think they should start as an egg in the Arcane school.
But since most Dragons love fire,  for sure the Fire Dragons that spreaded most.

Of course, all that is just my opinion.
I realy like
Dragonscale Belt, I think level 2 fire school would be optimal for that.
Dragonscale Great Sword, is very good only i would change the name for it.... "Dragonscale" is good for armor but for a sword?
Legendary Dragons should all have a Name.

Dragon Rider is MEANT to imply mounts, as that's kind of the point. It's one of the few concepts that isn't included at all. I don't know the lore of Mage Wars at all (it doesn't really interest me in the slightest), so I have no knowledge of or interest in Drakonier.

The point of this set was adding a LOT more dragons, and the Dragon Rider was built afterward to use them.

As for the sword, it's called Dragonscale to show it's obviously part of a set.