March 29, 2024, 10:41:24 AM

Author Topic: Gen Con Academy pre releases  (Read 47997 times)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Gen Con Academy pre releases
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »
Can swarms gain life from Etherian Lifetree?
Killer bees seem really good with it - flying, elusive, 6 dice critical damage for 7 mana and 2 sbp.

My current understanding of the rules says yes, Life Tree will buff all swarms.  However, let's just make sure to mention that each time we talk about swarms we are not talking about a collection of X dice to roll all at once. We are talking about rolling 1 die X times. One singular Vet Belt and a Rhino Hide completely nullifies all swarm damage.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Robintheboywonder

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »
Well its good to have a counter for it. My understanding of what swarms bring to the table is a creature that will ignore armor because it only crits. This makes swarms strong against zombies and high armored foes. I would like to fully understand how the conditions: weak, stagger(assuming they are not minor creatures, Idk plz clarify) and frost( since frost counts as minus 1 di for attacks) effect a swarm attack. To my knowledge they have no effect on the swarms dice roll since the minimum amount you can roll is 1 do and the swarms roll just 1 di but multiple times. This means swarms counter the effects of a couple of conditions because the conditions reduce number of dice rolled for attack not number of attack actions. Swarms seem strong and even bettet with the etherian life tree to increase how many times they can roll the di.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2018, 10:47:31 PM »
They are immune to all conditions.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:13 PM »
Yea I have made my case about swarms  on other channels.  I do believe they are OP.  Some of the wording in the current format contributes to that.  Swarms bave been and always will be immune to all conditions.  It is part of the text inside the  Druid academy rules.   They also cannot be targeted by enchantments or incantations unless it has swarm trait in the target line.   

I believe they should have the rules text: swarms cannot gain innate life. 

I do see the list of ways to counter the killer bees and that is great but when we can start to have the chance to have 9 dice critical,  it just shouts OP.   I’m a nature school lover and I just want to have balance in Mage wars.  This card is far from balanced . 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Santar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2018, 02:18:15 AM »
Agree. Not only innate life, but also swarms shouldn't be heal any way: dorseus or martin's restor.

If we will have swars in view on card, it is great. Finaly i can play "Psylok".

Ps Malacoda, poison gas, idol works like AOE, so should kill all stuck of swams in one turne 

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2018, 04:18:20 AM »
Add new cards, swarms and conjurations
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T1d01MDzYmbFkx7tjUFVloRCklAIKkJ7

Too many thanks!!!!

I don´t understand why several plants don´t have the vine trait, because druid need vine spells.

Do we have more creatures plants or vine?
Potions have slot? Can you have more than one potion?
Do we have a familiar for the druid?

Thanks for all.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2018, 06:20:19 AM »
Druid herself doesn't need vine spells. It's Vine Tree that needs them. We got first vine attack spell, another vine enchantment in this expansion and two vine conjurations.
There's Fellela for druid and she can use vine markers to cast vine enchantments on distant targets.

Potions don't use slots and you can have few of them at the same time as long as they are different potions. You can't have two copies of same object attached to single object or zone.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »
Can swarms gain life from Etherian Lifetree?
Killer bees seem really good with it - flying, elusive, 6 dice critical damage for 7 mana and 2 sbp.

My current understanding of the rules says yes, Life Tree will buff all swarms.  However, let's just make sure to mention that each time we talk about swarms we are not talking about a collection of X dice to roll all at once. We are talking about rolling 1 die X times. One singular Vet Belt and a Rhino Hide completely nullifies all swarm damage.
Vet belt is good against bees for sure. On the other hand they break Block and Glancing Blow.
How do swarms interact with Reverse Attack and Divine Reversal?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »
I don't remember that last book I played, or played against that didn't have a big stack of armour and at least one Vet Belt. It's too good not to include, even at triple cost.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
I don't remember that last book I played, or played against that didn't have a big stack of armour and at least one Vet Belt. It's too good not to include, even at triple cost.
And I can't remember the last book I faced that had either of those things. :)
The Phoenix shall rise.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2018, 02:51:09 PM »
i think I prefer the ants. Breaking multiple guards and probing for blocks (and the like) on multiple targets seems incredibly strong.

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2018, 07:08:50 PM »
i think I prefer the ants. Breaking multiple guards and probing for blocks (and the like) on multiple targets seems incredibly strong.

It would break Domination matches completely, I suspect.

"Yeah, you know that zone of yours with two guards and two On orbs controlled by you? Not any more they're not. I'll just break your Guards and turn those orbs off with this little ant thing, and then come in with my two goblin legionnaires to turn them on for me. Sorry!"

• Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »
Hang on, do most swarm creatures have pest trait? Maybe we need to update pest to work the way it does in academy. That would probably fix this.

Edit: they don't have pest nvm

It would break Domination matches completely, I suspect.

"Yeah, you know that zone of yours with two guards and two On orbs controlled by you? Not any more they're not. I'll just break your Guards and turn those orbs off with this little ant thing, and then come in with my two goblin legionnaires to turn them on for me. Sorry!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:17:25 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Fausto

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2018, 08:38:31 PM »
Thanks to Coshade, silverclawgrizzly and farkas1 you can see this new cards (not it all).
I will add new cards it time.

You made my day!!! wow, I can't wait to get my academy sets! Thanks a lot for the images!!!
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2018, 01:12:05 AM »
Thanks to Coshade, silverclawgrizzly and farkas1 you can see this new cards (not it all).
I will add new cards it time.

You made my day!!! wow, I can't wait to get my academy sets! Thanks a lot for the images!!!

When we get more spoilers? i would to know if we get more vine creatures , seems few cards now for a new academic druid.