Mage Wars > Mages

Thoughts about the Priestess

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brian VanAlstyne:
Yes, you are the best Paladin player of all-time and all other holy mages bow before you. Now, to be honest, the Auras are 70% worthless and almost never get played unless you're just wasting time before death or killing your opponent.

Reddicediaries:

--- Quote from: DevilsVendetta on May 23, 2018, 09:30:42 PM ---Yes, you are the best Paladin player of all-time and all other holy mages bow before you. Now, to be honest, the Auras are 70% worthless and almost never get played unless you're just wasting time before death or killing your opponent.

--- End quote ---
I may be the best paladin player of all time, I may not be, doesn't matter to me.

Basically, I think the fact that the paladin has better access to offensive weapons like Ballista and Izimbilla boosts him over the priestess. If you use challenge, it can basically act like an aggressive heal if that makes sense. Since you have a higher chance of killing your target, the damage your creatures will take is reduced. I view this as more valuable than gaining one permanent life.

silverclawgrizzly:
We can debate the pros and cons of the Paladin later. Suffice to say I don't see Ballista as being the end all be all.

Reddicediaries:

--- Quote from: silverclawgrizzly on May 24, 2018, 08:14:13 AM ---We can debate the pros and cons of the Paladin later. Suffice to say I don't see Ballista as being the end all be all.

--- End quote ---
While my comment is more revolved around answering how I see the priestess as viable as compared to the paladin, I do see your point and concede I could have been more on topic. Apologies.

werner:
Even when I play Priestess, I tend not to "trade dice" using healing to mitigate direct-dmg(rushdown). Instead, I've cut way back on healing spellbookpoints in trade for things like Pillar of Righteous Flame and more Knights! In the name of an armor-theme, I've added Tegu as well... cheap way (SBP(s)) to get some budget "curses" into my Priestess build without paying triple-cost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version