Mage Wars > Mages

Thoughts about the Priestess

<< < (3/3)

farkas1:
I think with the likes of eye for and eye, pillar, griffins, allandell, and other PVS cards priestess is really strong.  Having channel 10 helps support high mana cost abilities like allandell’s attack.   

Werner I really like the idea of  Holy DOT dealer and tegu would be pretty sweet.  It reminds me of an older idea I have toyed around with using giant wolf spiders in some of my holy books.  Taint is nasty and can quickly stack with With the help of tangle vine.  Also the great thing you already have in school  spells to deal with undead and non-living things..  so it does not hurt as much SBP wise. 

Enti:
"Thoughts on the Priestess"

Her primary and most obvious (and probably intended) way to play her is the following:

Get high armor creatures on the board and never let them die. Focus down the dice the enemy has (aka get boardcontrol) and once you have 2,3,4 Knights of Westlock and the enemy has lost their creatures and their spawnpoint you start killing the mage.
If you have the 2 mana-rings you only need to spend 1 mana! to avoid 2 dmg and heal 2 dmg. (Divine reversal). And "healing 4 dmg" for 1 mana on a 3 armor creature and getting 1 additional maximum-life as well... that's just insane - if you don't wait too long. Because once your enemy has 20-30 dice on the board every turn those 4 heal don't do that much..

But luckily there are at least 2 additionally strong ways to play the Priestess. That's the beauty of MW... :3

Beldin:
Personally I wouldn't waste actions on a spawn point unless I was 90+% sure that I could destroy it in a single turn. Other than Battle Forge and Libro Mortis then I mostly just ignore the spawn point and only deal with problem objects, as a spawn point holds useless mana if it's controller has nothing to cast out of it.

Additionally Battle Forge removal using swell et al creates a interesting situation where you are damned if do and damned if you do not destroy it. This is due to the fact that only above average rolls destroy it with a single spell and using 2 actions gives your opponent tempo.

DaveW:
And then if you roll like I do, a double swell doesn't even destroy the Forge... even with a Hawkeye on.

wtcannonjr:
I sometimes find adding threats to board locations and walls are cheaper ways to limit the benefits of a Battle Forge rather than spending attack actions to destroy it. This combines nicely when your strategy uses walls that block line of sight in an offensive way as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version