March 29, 2024, 03:33:27 AM

Author Topic: Force sword/Orb worth it as forcemaster? and suggestions  (Read 3706 times)

Grimstringer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Force sword/Orb worth it as forcemaster? and suggestions
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:27:46 AM »
are these worth running as a forcemaster? i just found out that i own one copy of each (got x1 old core )
actually i just started playing as one yesterday, and i dont really know how to go for my defenses... many defense rolls? should i just stack up armor(add gloves/boots for armor)? i already run forge for galvitar/rings/one chest piece

maybe buckler too?

just enchantments like block  /etc?  im lost xD

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Force sword/Orb worth it as forcemaster? and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
sure they are worth it. but do not always rely on those alone.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »
I don't use them.  The benefit is that if you are incapacitated they still function.  The detriment is it gives more reasons to purge you and there's always the chance that it just fails.  I don't like actually using defenses.  I like that defenses make my opponent think twice about lobbing that boulder at me.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
I don't use them.  The benefit is that if you are incapacitated they still function.  The detriment is it gives more reasons to purge you and there's always the chance that it just fails.  I don't like actually using defenses.  I like that defenses make my opponent think twice about lobbing that boulder at me.
I think the real issue with mage defenses is that you have to use a quick action to put each one on, and each one only stops one attack. So they're good if opponent has only a few creatures, but if they're swarming then mage defenses are not as useful. I might consider using force orb to deal with acid ball or boulder after they surging wave you, but that's kind of a niche use for force orb.

Also, now that Forcemaster has symbiotic orb, she doesn't need to use other defenses against melee attacks most of the time, not unless she really needs to save mana or dissipate tokens.

That being said, there are some other corporeal creatures that would really benefit from a defense unaffected by conditions like daze stun or incapacitated. For instance, anything with a weakness to lightning. Like Brogan Bloodstone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »
Personally I don't like Force Sword, I just stick with a Scimitar. I have used Force Orb in the past, its usually something I would look to cut if I needed sbps for something, but it's a pretty solid card.

The way I usually look at it is as a deterrent for them to use an attack spell, rather then actually getting the defense against it. Some players won't throw the boulder for fear of losing an advantage.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:05:05 AM »
For the SBP cost they are very efficient.

No one pays more than 2 SBP for them.  You could in run them with a Fellella build where it does not cost you the action. 

As far as purge I don't see why someone would be more prone to purge because of this than any other enchantment stacking.