April 25, 2024, 07:51:52 PM

Author Topic: Dark L1 Enchantments D-H  (Read 10499 times)

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Dark L1 Enchantments D-H
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 07:51:55 PM »
I do admit, though, that it would be a little unfair for Ehren if with a Battle Fury he gets one attack at 5 dice and the second attack at only 1 die.
That's how most people play it.

Ouch.

I had always assumed that Ehren came into play weak and decrepit and the healing he needs takes him back to his fighting prime. That is, his "real" stats are 15hp, 5 dice damage, and these are what other spells (like the Battle Fury) take into account once he meets the full health criterion.

So the +1 tokens in his case were not really the same as the "Melee +X" trait, but just shorthand to show he is now a 5-dice attack creature. If it really was intended that they were to be treated as a Melee +X trait, why didn't the card just say "the first time he has zero damage, he gains the Melee +4 trait", and not muck about with tokens at all?

If that theory is wrong, it makes Ehren just that little bit more rubbish.   
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:01:06 PM by Arkdeniz »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »
I have said nothing incorrect. Erhen retains the tokens but hits at 1 die while altar of infernia or debilitate are active on him. Once those effects are gone he will hit at 5 dice again.

Second point is that he most certainly rolls 5 and then 1 when you battlefury or sweeping strike him. 
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 11:46:42 PM »
Fact. Its a shame, but he's 6 mana.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 04:23:00 AM »
You also have to consider how old he is.

He's a nice low-cost sacrifice for Altar though, considering that you can just reanimate his corpse and sacrifice him a second time.

Did I mention that I don't like him?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 08:16:36 AM »
Feel like we're getting off topic but what the hey. I once saw an Alter of Infernia shut down Ehren and Alandale when the Necromancer playing it put an Agony on Alandale as well. It was nasty. If she'd have walled the alter up she'd have had it in the bag.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »
i know that when i played her at mace, it took me much of the game to get to the alter and get rid of it. was a real pain. and of course that was not the only annoying thing on the board to have to handle at the same time.