March 29, 2024, 02:36:52 AM

Author Topic: New weapon- Dual Blades!  (Read 7746 times)

Santar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
New weapon- Dual Blades!
« on: February 06, 2018, 08:05:38 AM »

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon- Dual Blades!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 11:03:03 AM »
So it's basically galvitar without the ethereal and the piercing, and with an additional hand slot.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
And open to all the Mages. Don't forget that.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »
And open to all the Mages. Don't forget that.
I don't think I'd spend 6 sbp on this though.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 05:42:30 PM »
There should be more of a special bonus to the double strike...maybe the second strike is unavoidable with high chances for some sort of effect. Just doesn't seem like there's enough for a dual strike/weapon.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:12:44 AM »
So it's basically galvitar without the ethereal and the piercing, and with an additional hand slot.

Why not simply create two pieces of equipment with separate spells? This adds the cost of an extra quick cast action and further differentiates the advantage of Galvitar and the Forcemaster. I am not sure having all mages gain access to the Forcemaster's weapon advantage is a good thing. If this is implemented, then the cost needs to include an increase in spellpoints and mana.

So the doublestrike effect would trigger when both pieces of equipment were equipped - one requires the weapon hand and the other requires the shield hand. This also makes it more vulnerable to dissolve since removing one piece of equipment would remove the doublestrike effect.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Santar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »
I was inspired by Sir Corazine, Blademaster's card.
He has 2 swords and melee defence 6+.

Also I want to have melee weapon with full action attack for all mages. Because now melee mage must use his own class-weapon or Vorpal Blade.

I know, that this weapon will be looks like FM weapon: 11 mana, 1 hand, ethereal, qa with piersing 2. And doublestrike or sweeping! So my weapon will take bouth hands and have only doublestrike trait. Because we have War Hammer for 8 mana, full 4 dices 7+ daze attack. And I want to make weapon wich doesn't kill another card.

By the way we should remember about Dancing Skimitar, 5 mana, 3 melee dices for any target (like sweeping or doublestrike), optional defence 8+ and 1 mana per turn. This Skimitar is great weapon in melee, because you can move and attack it.

Idea with 2 wepon cards is good, I like it.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 09:08:22 PM »
If it remains as one spell it could be a full action to cast instead of two spells. Simulates casting two spells, except Mage can’t move this way.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 11:16:44 PM »
I would go the opposite way, I think the card is too weak as it is there.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
If it remains as one spell it could be a full action to cast instead of two spells. Simulates casting two spells, except Mage can’t move this way.
This could work.

I would also consider limiting the defense some and adding a small cost. Perhaps - "Once a round you may pay 1 mana to gain the following:" or making the spell level 4 to reflect both the offense and defense abilities added for this one spell. For comparison, we have Dancing Scimitar with offense and defense abilities, but only one of these can be applied per round. As designed, the Dual Blades spell appears to push the power curve of an individual spell too much. Therefore, I would look to add cost, weaken abilities, or a combination of both.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin