April 24, 2024, 05:44:41 PM

Author Topic: Goblin Legionnaire casting cost  (Read 8718 times)

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Legionnaire casting cost
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
Language seems very clear to me as explained by Arkdeniz. Plus he is a Jethro Tull fan! He deserves a banana! If only for the latter!  8)

mirel7c3

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 08:02:44 AM »
So in contrast to the ring and cape, Gerard Matrangas gold can be used on the second and third Legionnaire even if the first one is played by the barracks? "Your Mage may spend Gold tokens as mana when they summon soldier or pirate creatures".

Which leads me to a follow up. Can his gold be used with Second Chance or reanimation (eternal servant, rise again, ziggurat of the undeath)? If I see it correctly the mage is the summoner in those cases.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 05:17:52 PM »
So in contrast to the ring and cape, Gerard Matrangas gold can be used on the second and third Legionnaire even if the first one is played by the barracks? "Your Mage may spend Gold tokens as mana when they summon soldier or pirate creatures".

Which leads me to a follow up. Can his gold be used with Second Chance or reanimation (eternal servant, rise again, ziggurat of the undeath)? If I see it correctly the mage is the summoner in those cases.

The idea here is "Are you spending mana to summon a creature? Yes, then you can also spend gold instead"

Reanimate is a keyword. Here is the end of the effect
"Note that, unless it says otherwise, the Mage who controls the effect which grants Reanimation is the object summoning the creature into play."

So no problem there, you can spend gold anytime reanimation happens and you are the mage source.

Legionaires and resurrection and second chance are all viable targets for Gerards gold as long as they are being used to summon a soldier / pirate.

I think spawnpoints and the mage are the only two sources of creature summonings currently. So Gerard's gold is able to be spent as long as it isnt a spawnpoint.