April 24, 2024, 07:33:50 PM

Author Topic: Casting Equipment on Enemy Mages  (Read 6979 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Casting Equipment on Enemy Mages
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:37:38 PM »
I was curious about something.  Let us say that I am a Priestess and I am facing a Warlord with a Mage Wand in the shield hand.  Can I cast a Wand of Healing on him to replace his Mage Wand (sending it back to his spellbook)?  If so, is it a viable mana denial and spellpoint denial strategy, as the Wand of Healing costs me only two mana while the Mage Wand costs him five mana and as the Wand of Healing costs me only one spellpoint while the Mage Wand cost him six spellpoints?  Even if he replaces it the next turn with a Mage Wand, it will go back to my spellbook unless he uses Dissolve, and I can always use cast another Wand of Healing after he replaces the Wand of Healing in order to deny him use of his Mage Wand.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Casting Equipment on Enemy Mages
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »
Sadly you cannot. You are free to cast a wand of healing into an empty slot on a  enemy mage, but the rules currently prohibit casting over an established enemy equipment slot.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:01:01 PM »
The only equipment strategy that works with regards to casting on the majority of enemy mages is Eye of Bael since the only mages that will normally carry demons are Dark. I suppose an Eagleclaw Boots strategy could work if you don't want the enemy pushing themselves around the board.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:50:51 PM »
The only equipment strategy that works with regards to casting on the majority of enemy mages is Eye of Bael since the only mages that will normally carry demons are Dark. I suppose an Eagleclaw Boots strategy could work if you don't want the enemy pushing themselves around the board.

And Eye of Bael only works if they do NOT have an amulet equipped, because, as has been stated, you cannot replace an equipment slot on an opposing mage.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 05:31:12 AM »
Also they are free to swap the amulet with another one if they carry one I their book.