March 28, 2024, 03:25:30 PM

Author Topic: Vampiress  (Read 7661 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Vampiress
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »
Vampiress

The vampiress is a Necropian vampiress who survived long enough to develop the legendary magic of the elder vampires.  She possess trained in the Dark and Water schools and pays triple for spells in the Holy and Fire schools.  She possess a Channeling of 9 and a Life of 38.  She also possess +1 Melee, Vampirism, and Vampiric Flight (when she activates during a turn, she may pay one mana to gain Flying during her action).

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vampiress
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:22:14 PM »
I would say dark and mind level 2 to a vampire because vampires are good at influencing living beings.
I would also give him / her melee +, vampiric and light +2 trait.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »
Well, that depends on the type of vampire, and two high magic school is unbalanced, even if one of them is only level two (which would still give her most of the good stuff from Mind like Block, Force Hammer, Invisible Fist, Redirect Attack, etc).  I based her abilities based off the Necropian Vampiress Creature Card, which does not have a Light modifier, and off the AC Warlock, which gets full training in one elemental school.  In order to make her new to the game, I gave her mastery of Water instead of Fire, so she is distinct from either the Necromancer (which is only Dark) and the Warlocks (which is Dark and Fire).

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:36:51 AM »
This was a fun idea i tinkered with a while ago. Similar conceot but not the same, and i guess it could be a vamp but i just had mine as a human.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=17693.0
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
Attack spells get 2 vs Nonliving, in Mage Wars Vampires are living creatures but for example Joseph Trueblood gets 2 vs dark creatures, a vampire is really dark being, so Light +2 makes sense i think.

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
But Vampires in Mage Wars have no particular weakness to Light, just look at the Necropian Vampiress.  In fact, I think that giving any Mage a weakness of that caliber would be unprecedented.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »
You're right but if he got light +2 it would be the same as if he was considered a Dark School creature.
Vampiric is real strong and she also has melee +1.

It would definitely fit a vampire, that light spells do more harm to him.
If his other attributes are only strong enough I do not think that then something speaks against it, he has many strengths but also a big weakness.
Also in school there is the Cloak of Shadows.

At least I would try to give the vampire Mage Light +2.

It then depends on what spells you give him.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:10:33 AM by Karadox »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 01:44:51 PM »
Mages tend to be very general in order to give players more freedom to customize their strategies. What purpose does a weakness to light attack serve? Well, it makes the mage more likely to be dazed or stunned by them, and puts them at a disadvantage against holy mages. What sort of ability would a weakness to light compensate for?

One possibility is a mage that can use an extra non move quick action in place of a move action. A weakness to light attacks would certainly be necessary to balance that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 03:36:26 PM »
It does not necessarily have to be the ability to tear it out but also the special spells that only a vampire can use.

I would rather give him  flying with a spell like this and another kind of ability.

One question, why is your vampire versed in the water school?
I understand fire would be stupid because of warlock and also not so conclusive.

I'm really interested so I ask.

I'm still of the opinion that Mind school makes the most sense then maybe only level 1.

Vampires understand how to seduce and influence their victims (Mind).

I see right now that you can give him at most level 1 mind because he should not be able to cast the thoughtspore.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:44:51 PM by Karadox »

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 04:39:11 PM »
Two High Magic Schools cannot be allowed in one Mage unless their highest school is level 3 (for example, the Paladin).  Water fits with the idea of the Darkfen, which seems to be the center of the Dark school around the Peninsula shared with Westlock.  I imagine that a Mummy would be Dark and Earth (and Unliving) while a Banshee would be Dark and Air (and possibly Unloving depending on the metaphysics of Etheria).

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 04:52:42 PM »
What would you have said if we did not have paladin? Once is always the first time and maybe the vampire should have exactly for this reason Light +2 :-)

I heard the Sorcerer will be Arcane and Dark.
Mummys will be only Dark, why Earth? We already have one with Tjusut, the Risen King.

Basically it does not matter for sure it will take years until we get a vampire, if ever.

I created the Banshee last year. Hmm i understand two main schools are stong but...
The Bashee for me is not like the Screech Harpy.
The screams of the Screech Harpy hurt the ears, the cries of the bashee affect the mind.

But it may well be that I see it all wrong I just imagined this way.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:21:03 PM by Karadox »

wranglathor

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:21 PM »
I think the Bat Transmutation and the Vampiric Flight are not right.  I understand they are thematic, but no other mage has the ability to gain flight (that I could remember or find quickly).

Someone please correct me if I am wrong about a mage being able to fly.

Otherwise I think it is a cool idea.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 08:09:40 PM »
The Alternative Forcemaster is supposed to have a temporary Flight ability if I remember correctly, so he can jump over walls quickly, so it is just a variation of that special ability (anyway, it is one of the signature abilities of the Necropian Vampiress).

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 12:40:52 AM »
The Alternative Forcemaster is supposed to have a temporary Flight ability if I remember correctly, so he can jump over walls quickly, so it is just a variation of that special ability (anyway, it is one of the signature abilities of the Necropian Vampiress).
Actually that was just fan speculation based on his card art. No one actually knows if he'll have anything that lets him fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.